[Essay] Review Of The English Of A Research Abstract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELIAGOMEZ

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Kuwait
Hello,
Hope everyone is having a great day

The following is an abstract that I have to submit soon. I re-wrote this a couple of times before finally sharing it and I just need a little reassurance that the language is used properly. Please share any remarks, I 'll be grateful to anyone who can help proofread this.

"Nosocomial infections are one of the most common complications while providing health care services. To encounter this emerging problem, infection control and prevention programs undergo continuous development. Recently, infections associated with medical devices are standing out as a category on their own. Based on current several studies and quantitative data, both the frequency of usage of medical devices in healthcare settings, as well as the magnitude of device-associated infections are significantly high. More importantly, some of the device-associated infections were found to have high attributable mortality.

It was consequently important to recognize specifically the commonest types of infections among this category, which include; ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP), catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs) and surgical-site infections (SSIs). These observations regarding the significance of device-associated infections directed research towards recognizing their underlying mechanisms and pathogenesis. A central concept to the discussion of mechanisms of device-associated infections is "Biofilm". A biofilm comprises any group of microorganisms in which cells stick to each other and often also to a surface, which could be life-threatening if stuck to the surface of medical equipment. To make things worse, the resistance these microorganisms gain against antibiotics can complicate the process of treatment. Furthermore, measurements to prevent device-associated infections are targeting the formation of biofilms by approaches like surface-modification and biofilm-replacement. "

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello Eliagomez, and welcome to the forum. :)
I see that you've posted the same thread to at least one more forum.

https://www.englishforums.com/English/ReviewEnglishResearchAbstract/bmxmvk/post.htm

Please do not post the same question simultaneously to more than one forum. Doing so wastes our valuable time. Instead, post your question to one forum and wait for replies. If you're not satisfied with those replies, you can try another forum, but please indicate in your thread that you've already asked the same question elsewhere (provide a link), and outline why you were not satisfied with the answers you received already.

I'm, therefore, closing this thread for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.