Robin Hood is usually shown dressed in green clothes, holding a bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can I put it this way: People usually showed Robin Hood dressed in green clothes, holding a bow. Is this grammatically correct?

@Bin Duan Is it grammatically correct? Sure.

People usually showed Robin Hood dressed in green clothes, holding a bow. Is this grammatically correct?
I'd say "Writers" or "Artists" or "Books".

If you're talking about a habitual occurrence, rather than certain specific occurrences in the past, use "show".

Sorry. Can I take both of them as interchangeable or replace the title with this one: robin Hood is usually shown himself dressed in green clothes, holding a bow?
No- the meaning of your sentence with she has shown herself is similar to has proved to be.

No- the meaning of your sentence with she has shown herself is similar to has proved to be.
That was a false one, and I've corrected it. The current version is: Artists usually show Robin Hood dressed in green clothes, holding a bow.

This is a footnote. Given that the person on whom Robin Hood is based was an outlaw who hid from the authorities in Sherwood Forest, presumably his green attire was an attempt at camouflage.

This is a footnote. Given that the person on whom Robin Hood is based was an outlaw who hid from the authorities in Sherwood Forest, presumably his green attire was an attempt at camouflage.
This is interesting and also makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back