Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Samgyetang, the/a Korean traditional food

I want to introduce one of Korean traditional healthy foods called samgyetang.
It contains chicken, ginseng and a lot of Chinese herbs.
Most Korean people usually eat it during hot summer time in order to endure the heat of summer.
It is very good for our health.
That’s because it contains ginseng, which includes the ingredients effective not only for anti-cancer effect but also for immunity.
It is the best ingredient of samgyetang, which is a famous Korean healthy food around the world.
In addition, it is easy to cook many kinds of samgyetang.
There are many kinds of samgyetang such as perilla seed ones, abalone ones and small octopus ones.We can cook samgyetang by adding many healthy ingredients.
I’d like to appreciate our ancestors for passing on to us foods like this.
=======================================
Could you correct wrong parts of this writing, especially the underlined ones?

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Samgyetang, [STRIKE]the/[/STRIKE]a Korean traditional food
I want to introduce one of the Korean traditional healthy[STRIKE] foods[/STRIKE] dishes called samgyetang.
It [STRIKE]contains[/STRIKE] is chicken soup boiled with ginseng and a lot of Chinese herbs.
Most Korean people usually eat it during hot summer time in order to endure the heat of summer. (I have tried samyetang in Korea. On the contrary, I thought it is better consumed during the winter time as, being piping hot, it warms the body up).
It is very good for our health.
That’s because [STRIKE]it contains[/STRIKE] its main ingredient is ginseng, which [STRIKE]includes the ingredients[/STRIKE] is effective not only for its anti-cancer effect but also is good for boosting our body immunity.

Ginseng, known around the word for its beneficial effect to health, is the best (potent) ingredient of samgyetang, [STRIKE]which is a famous [STRIKE]Korean healthy food[/STRIKE] around the world.[/STRIKE]
In addition, it is easy to cook many kinds of samgyetang. (What do you mean?)
[STRIKE]There are many kinds of samgyetang, such as perilla seed ones, abalone ones and small octopus ones[/STRIKE]. We can cook samgyetang [STRIKE]by adding [STRIKE][STRIKE]many [/STRIKE] with various other healthy accompaniments,
such as perilla seed, abalone and small octopus. [STRIKE] I’d like to appreciate our ancestors for passing on to us foods like this.[/STRIKE] It is indeed a precious Korean legacy.
=======================================
Could you correct wrong parts of this writing, especially the underlined ones?

Last edited:

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
[FONT=&#54632]I summarized according to your correction and have further questions to answer. This composition should have 10 sentences, so I changed them like this.

samgyetang, the/a Korean traditional food
*Does it need an article a or the or no article?[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]
[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]
[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]1.I want to introduce one of the Korean traditional healthy dishes called samgyetang.[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]
2.It is chicken soup boiled with ginseng and a lot of Chinese herbs.[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]
3.Most Korean people usually eat it during hot summer time in order to endure the heat of summer.[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]
4.It is very good for our health.[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]
5.That’s because its main ingredient is ginseng[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]
6. Ginseng, known around the word for its beneficial effect to health, is the best ingredient of samgyetang, [/FONT][FONT=&#54632]
[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]7. It is effective not only for its anti-cancer effect but also is good for boosting our body immunity.[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]
[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]
8. In addition, it is easy to cook many kinds of samgyetang. (What do you mean?)
[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]*This means "we can make various kinds of samgyetang with different ingredients as in the following sentence. Doesn't this make sense?[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]

9. We can cook samgyetang by adding various other healthy accompaniments such as perilla seed, abalone and small octopus.[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]
[/FONT][FONT=&#54632]10. It is indeed a precious Korean legacy.
[/FONT]

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Keannu, after over 6,000 posts, I'm sure you know that we don't naturally write every sentence on its own line. Make paragraphs.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Keannu, after over 6,000 posts, I'm sure you know that we don't naturally write every sentence on its own line. Make paragraphs.

I know the basics of writing, but some Korean inadequate school tests just need a sequential order.
Could u please answer my last questions?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I think keannu has written the sentences separately so that it is easier to study and deal with each sentence.

I have[STRIKE] summarized[/STRIKE] re-written the passage according to your corrections and have further questions to [STRIKE]answer[/STRIKE] ask. This composition should have 10 sentences, so I changed them like this.

samgyetang, [STRIKE]the/[/STRIKE]a Korean traditional food
*Does it need an article a or the or no article? You need an indefinite article there.

1.I want to introduce one of the Korean traditional healthy dishes called samgyetang. How about "I would like to introduce a traditional Korean healthy dish called samgyetang".
2.It is chicken soup boiled with ginseng and a lot of Chinese herbs.

3.Most Korean people usually eat it during the hot summer time [STRIKE]in order[/STRIKE] to endure (overcome) the heat of summer.

4.It is very good for our health.

5.That’s because its main ingredient is ginseng

6. Ginseng, known around the word for its beneficial effect to health, is the best (key) ingredient of samgyetang,

7. It is effective not only for its anti-cancer effect but also is good for boosting our body immunity.

8. In addition, it is easy to cook many kinds of samgyetang. (What do you mean?)
*This means "we can make various kinds of samgyetang with different ingredients as in the following sentence. Doesn't this make sense?
I am not sure you can call them different kinds of samgyetang just by varying the ingredients. Different versions perhaps?

9. We can cook samgyetang by adding various other healthy accompaniments such as perilla seed, abalone and small octopus.

10. It is indeed a precious Korean legacy.

See my notes above.

Last edited:

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
*This means "we can make various kinds of samgyetang with different ingredients as in the following sentence. Doesn't this make sense?
I am not sure you can call them different kinds of samgyetang just by varying the ingredients. Different versions perhaps?

Do you think the following is better? I don't know what is the difference between "kind" and "version".
In addition, it is easy to cook different versions of samgyetang.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia

Do you think the following is better? I don't know what [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] the difference
is between "kind" and "version".
In addition, it is easy to cook different versions of samgyetang.

Yes, something has to be very different to be called a different kind. Version is better, meaning a variant of the original.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I know the basics of writing, but some Korean [STRIKE]inadequate[/STRIKE] school tests [STRIKE]just need[/STRIKE] demand a sequential order.
Could you please answer my last questions?

Are you saying that if you wrote your piece as paragraphs, rather than making it look like a list, it would be marked as wrong in those tests?

I'm absolutely certain that after over 6,000 posts you know that "u" is not a word and must not be used here.

Status
Not open for further replies.