[Essay] should there be any restriction on how many years a teacher may teach the same ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tara18

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
subject or grade level?Explain your answer.Support your opinion with specific examples.
Please check the essay as giving CBEST soon.
Teachers play a vital role in shaping up student's personalities, helping them achieve their academic goals, which in the end has an overall positive impact on the society.The issue of restricting the educators to teach the same subject or grade level to certain years is controversial. Some people believe that there should be a limit of years an educator can teach the same subject or grade. While others believe, the limitation is not necessary, and they should be allowed to educate their specific grade level as long as they continue to do so. I firmly believe that teaching the same subject without any limit of years enhances their teaching skills, increases command over the topics and they tend to understand the same grade student's mentality better. Teaching profession requires a candidate to earn credentials and specialized training before they are eligible to teach a subject or grade level.As every year passes by, teachers gain different kinds of experiences in their profession.These experiences help them enhance their teaching skills. Rotating too frequently, from one class or subject to another creates a barrier in this process of learning.For example, a teacher joined the teaching profession after completion of mandatory training and exams last year and was assigned to educate 3rd -grade. But due to the limitation, that teacher is now required to teach 5th grade. This rapid transition is not only creating confusion amongst the teachers but also hindering their experience buildup.
Another reason for me going against the limitation of years is the lack of command over the particular subject as they are rotated too frequently to teach a different subject.Teaching the specific subject or grade level will help them acquire proficiency in the long-term.This creates tremendous advantages for the teachers as well as the students.There will be an ease of communication and friendly environment between teachers and students.
Final and the best reason I disagree is the fact, that when teachers are assigned to teach the required subject or grade, they master the ability to understand children's mentality and capability in a much better way. Every child in the classroom is unique and acts according to their age and brain level. Teachers everyday watch and observe child's behavior and capability, and tailor the best way to educate and meet every child's need.
All in all, due to the tremendous benefits of teaching skill enhancement, increased command, and a better understanding of children mentality, there should be no restriction on limiting years a teacher can teach their required subject or grade level. It is important for them to keep themselves updated though.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

What is CBEST? Are you going to be marked or graded on this essay? When do you have to submit it?

tara18

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

What is CBEST? Are you going to be marked or graded on this essay? When do you have to submit it?

Cbest is the test which is required in California state for someone who wants to teach as a substitute teacher.
Cbest has three components including reading, mathematics, and writing. I have to give the writing part, in which they give you two topics to write a 5 paragraph essay. The topics will be known at the time of the test.It will be graded on a raw scale of 20-80.One essay will be argumentative and other narrative.
I am practicing for the essay writing.Please read my essay and find errors in grammar, usage, structure, and convention.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.