Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

This easter holidays, I should be visiting Taiwan with my family, but I changed my plan after I had Covid one month ago. It was because I didn't know when I would recover or whether I might have long Covid following up. However, I'm quite fine now and slightly regret for the decision. If I hadn't changed my plan, I would be packing my luggage now.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

This Easter holidays I was going to visit Taiwan with my family, but I changed my plans after contracting Covid ....

Or:

coming down with Covid

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

However, I'm quite fine now and slightly regret my decision. If I hadn't changed my plans I would be packing my luggage right now.

I guess you mean by "long Covid following up" that you thought it might take you longer to recuperate than it did.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I guess you mean by "long Covid following up" that you thought it might take you longer to recuperate than it did
It means the aftereffects that Covid specifically brings to me.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This During the Easter holidays, I should was supposed to be visiting Taiwan with my family, but I changed my plans after I had having Covid one a month ago. It was I changed my mind because I didn't know when I would recover or whether I might have long Covid following up afterwards. However, I'm quite fine now and slightly regret for the my decision. If I hadn't changed my plans, I would be packing my luggage [for my trip] now.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@Maybo What you told me is you didn't use your own words. Unfortunately, you didn't really pay attention to what I said.

You do better when you use your own words rather than interpret something from some website. I asked if you recuperated sooner than you thought you would. That could have easily been answered with "Yes" or "No".

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
@Maybo What you told me is you didn't use your own words. Unfortunately, you didn't really pay attention to what I said.

You do better when you use your own words rather than interpret something from some website. I asked if you recuperated sooner than you thought you would. That could have easily been answered with "Yes" or "No".
It’s my own words. I didn’t read the website before I answered. You asked what’s the meaning of “long Covid following up” so I explained the meaning.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It means the aftereffects that Covid specifically brings to me.
Try:

I was worried about lingering after-effects.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It’s my own words. I didn’t read the website before I answered. You asked what’s the meaning of “long Covid following up” so I explained the meaning.
Try:

That would be much more natural.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

That would be much more natural.
I disagree. Many people are concerned about developing "long Covid" when they get Covid. It's a medically recognised condition (albeit with very few possible treatments). I don't know why you to keep trying to change the OP's words when he's talking about something he's genuinely concerned about. If he changed his plans because he was worried about developing long Covid, then that's exactly what he should say.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Okay. I had never heard of long Covid before. Should I add that to my list of things to worry about?

Is Maybo a he now?

Did you get up the wrong side of the bed this morning?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Okay. I had never heard of long Covid before. Should I add that to my list of things to worry about?
l'm surprised there's anyone who hasn't heard of it, but that explains why you kept trying to change it.
Is Maybo a he now?
I mixed Maybo up with another member whose gender I do know. I should have used "they". Sorry, @Maybo.
Did you get up the wrong side of the bed this morning?
Not at all. I'm in a great mood. How about you?