Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me make the conversation below sound natural. Thanks a lot.

T: By the way, how do you like the weather here?

D: I wish it would stop raining. The humid is so high that the damp, cold weather makes us uncomfortable. We are not used to the high humidity.

T: Taiwan is a semi-tropic island and the ocean breezes cause the extreme humidity. Nevertheless, we enjoy warm weather all year round, and the average temperature is a moderate 22 degrees Celsius. Now it is in the early March, and we usually have spring rain at this time of the year. Since your country is at a higher latitude, you can leave your winter coat behind and enjoy the pleasant warmth of the sun in Taiwan. What’s the climate like in your country?

D: The climate of Denmark is marked as temperate, where the summer season is generally cool and the winters fairly colder. However, in some regions of the country, there is ample sunshine, great for tourists who like to spend their days at the beach. The warmest months are generally in July and August, and the coldest ones in February and March. In addition, our country is small and flat, so there are little climatic variation between different areas. The west coasts and the small islands tend to be windier and more moderate than the mainland and the bigger islands.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
T: By the way, how do you like the weather here?

D: I wish it would stop raining. The humidity is so high that the damp, cold weather makes us uncomfortable. We are not used to the high humidity.

T: Taiwan is a semi-tropical island and the ocean breezes cause the extreme humidity. Nevertheless, we enjoy warm weather all year round, and the average temperature is a moderate 22 degrees Celsius. Now it is [STRIKE]in the[/STRIKE] early March, and we usually have spring rain at this time of the year. Since your country is at a higher latitude, you can leave your winter coat behind and enjoy the pleasant warmth of the sun in Taiwan. What’s the climate like in your country?

D: The climate of Denmark is [STRIKE]marked[/STRIKE] classified as temperate, where the summer [STRIKE]season[/STRIKE] is generally cool and the winters fairly cold. However, in some regions of the country, there is ample sunshine, great for tourists who like to spend their days at the beach. The warmest months are generally [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] July and August, and the coldest [STRIKE]ones in[/STRIKE] February and March. In addition, our country is small and flat, so there are little climatic variations between different areas. The west coasts and the small islands tend to be windier and [STRIKE]more moderate[/STRIKE] slightly warmer than the mainland and the bigger islands.
I don't understand the text in blue.

contiluo

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
My guests are from Denmark, which is a Nordic country located in Northern Europe. It's geographical location is at high latitude region, its temperature is much colder then that in Taiwan. So, when they first came to warm Taiwan, they could take off their heavy coat.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[STRIKE]Since your country is at a higher latitude,[/STRIKE] You can leave your winter coat behind and enjoy the pleasant warmth of the sun in Taiwan.
Use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.