Stop that! You're mentally developing....

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The following conversation took place between Hook and me. He was with me to the hospital yesterday and we just came out of the hospital and on our way home.

Hook: You don't need to worry about your health, everything is fine.
Silver: Yes. But I have to deal with my mental health issues.
Hook: Don't worry about that. Every day you've become better.
Silver: Thanks.
Hook: I met Maggie for the first time here and it was a few years ago. (Sherry was one of his ex-girlfriends. We were walking downtown.) And she told me many weird stories about herself.
Silver: Tell me one of them.
Hook: She said she met a man here and they were sitting in a car....

Before Hook was about to continue his story, I butt in.

Silver: Uh, I know what happened next. The man kissed Maggie on her boob and then Maggie went back home and you (Hook) saw the imprint of the kissing, and you were mad at Maggie and asked her to get out.
Hook: Stop that! You're mentally developing the story. The fact is totally not your madeup.

Hook and I are close friends and we speak English often. The blue part of the story was what I'd made up but it's a true story of one of my friends. His girlfriend cheated on him. I deliberately mixed it with Maggie's story to make fun of Hook.

Please help me with a natural expression of the italic sentence.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The following conversation took place between Hook and me. He was had gone with me to the hospital yesterday and we just came had just come out of the hospital and were on our way home.

Hook: You don't need to worry about your health; everything is fine.
Silver: Yes, but I have to deal with my mental health issues.
Hook: Don't worry about that. Every day you've become you're getting better.
Silver: Thanks.
Hook: I met Maggie for the first time here and it was a few years ago. (Sherry was is one of his ex-girlfriends and we were walking downtown at this point.) And She told me many weird stories about herself.
Silver: Tell me one of them.
Hook: She said she met a man here and they were sitting in a car ...

Before Hook was about to could continue his story, I butted in.

Silver: Uh, I know what happened next. The man kissed Maggie on her boob and then when Maggie went got back home, and you (Hook) saw the imprint of the kissing kiss, and you were got mad at Maggie and asked her to get threw her out.
Hook: Stop that! You're mentally developing imagining the story. The fact is totally not your madeup. The facts are nothing like your version.

Hook and I are close friends and we speak English often. The blue part of the story was what I'd made up but it's a true story of about one another of my friends. His girlfriend cheated on him in that way. I deliberately mixed it up/together with Maggie's story to make fun of Hook.

Please help me with a natural expression of way to express the italic sentence.
Note all my corrections above. I have no idea what you mean by "the imprint of the kiss". Do you mean that the man (in the real story) gave the woman in question a lovebite on her breast while he was kissing it? If not, there would be no mark at all for her boyfriend to find.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Do you mean that the man (in the real story) gave the woman in question a lovebite on her breast while he was kissing it? If not, there would be no mark at all for her boyfriend to find.
Yes and yes, it's "lovebite". I didn't know this word at all and I'll write it down too in my notebook. I appreciate your help and kindness and will read the corrections carefully. :)

Edited: I forgot to correct the "Sherry" in the parentheses. It should have been "Maggie", not Sherry. :)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This is a pet peeve of mine. Once you are somebody's ex-girlfriend you have that status until you become his girlfriend again (if that happens). The same goes for anything else. If I am an ex-cop I have that status until I get hired as a police officer again.

Last edited by a moderator: