Teratomas ... ... are * composed * of * ... ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodonaomik

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Teratomas are unusual forms of cancer in that they are composed of tissues such as tooth and bone, tissues not normally found in the organ in which the tumor appears.:tick:

:?:Question: I can't understand the sentence. If it is said that "teratomas occur in the tissues such as tooth and bone", I would feel natural and right. Now I feel it is impossible that teratomas are composed of tissues because
teratomas are the forms of one disease but not the organs. So I really cannot understand the sentence.

Dear teachers, thanks in advance!

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Teratomas are unusual forms of cancer in that they are composed of tissues such as tooth and bone, tissues not normally found in the organ in which the tumor appears.:tick:

:?:Question: I can't understand the sentence. If it is said that "teratomas occur in the tissues such as tooth and bone", I would feel natural and right. Now I feel it is impossible that teratomas are composed of tissues because
teratomas are the forms of one disease but not the organs. So I really cannot understand the sentence.

Dear teachers, thanks in advance!

First, not all teratomas are malignant. Teratomas can be found in many different organs, but they contain tissues not not normally found in the organs in which they occur.

See more here: What is a Teratoma?

dodonaomik

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
First, not all teratomas are malignant. Teratomas can be found in many different organs, but they contain tissues not not normally found in the organs in which they occur.

See more here: What is a Teratoma?
Mr. Mike:
At first, I must express my heartfelt gratitude to you.
Just yesterday night, I even consider the sentence as a wrong one beacause the meaning which the sentence expresses
conflicts with the fact.
Today I still spend many time in understanding the definition of teratoma after I saw your explanation. Yes, teratoma
is not "simple".

Last edited:

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Mr. Mike:
At first, I must express my heartfelt gratitude to you.
Just yesterday night, I even consider the sentence as a wrong one beacause the meaning which the sentence expresses
conflicts with the fact.
Today I still spend many time in understanding the definition of teratoma after I saw your explanation. Yes, teratoma
is not "simple".

They are very strange. Because they are neoplasms of multipotent cells, the cells can differentiate into many different tissues. I have seen some and they are ugly.

dodonaomik

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
They are very strange. Because they are neoplasms of multipotent cells, the cells can differentiate into many different tissues. I have seen some and they are ugly.
Yes! If every English sentence is involved in medicine science, particularly cells, diseases, inner organs, I wouldn't continue to study English because these cells or diseases often make me feel sick, uncomfortable or horrent.

:lol:Now, ok, it is very good that most English sentences have no concern with medical science.

Status
Not open for further replies.