Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
What is a word/phrase that is used to talk about fields of study related to medicine in general?

Can I use "medical programs"?

Is this correct?

The curriculum of some of the medical programs at that university does not pay sufficient attention to practical use of knowledge.

By that, I mean medical fields such as medicine, pharmacology, dentistry, etc.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What is a word/phrase that is used to talk about fields of study related to medicine in general?

Can I use "medical programs"?

Is this correct?

The curricula of some of the medical programs at that university do not pay sufficient attention to the practical use of knowledge.

By that, I mean medical fields such as medicine, pharmacology, dentistry, etc.
I think programs is fine. You might also say departments or colleges, depending on how the university is organized and what it teaches.

But I've never been to medical school, so let's see if anyone else can improve on those.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

I think fields of medicine is the best way to say that, but medical fields is also good.

Neither of these works in your example though because you don't mean that. You're asking about the educational courses, not the fields themselves. I might suggest medicine courses or the wordy courses in fields of medicine, perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.