[General] The links between people are weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I want to say that people in my parents' generation tended to be more friendly and innocent but nowadays as the development of the economy, people are not that much friendly and innocent. (This is just my case, not everyone's.)

Is my italic sentence which I wrote to generalize it natual?

The links between people are weak nowadays. We don't easily trust each other and therefore we're less friendly.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I want to say that people in my parents' generation tended to be more friendly and innocent, but nowadays [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] with the development of the economy, people are not all that [STRIKE]much[/STRIKE] friendly and innocent. (This is just my view, [STRIKE]case,[/STRIKE] not everyone's.)

Is my italic sentence which I [STRIKE]wrote to[/STRIKE] know is a generalization [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] natural?

The [STRIKE]links[/STRIKE] bonds between people are weak nowadays. We don't easily/readily trust each other and, therefore, we're less friendly.
It works, but it doesn't reflect the economic aspect or the loss of innocence, which you alluded to above.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
It works, but it doesn't reflect the economic aspect or the loss of innocence, which you alluded to above.

Got it. I really don't see any connections between after reading my sentences and my context, but I'll write down your corrections for future reference.

Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.