Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello, I have two questions, and I'd appreciate it if you'd answer.

1- What's the meaning of "whip ass" in this sentence? "Unfortunately, they gonna whip ass, sir, but thank you for coming."
2- Is this sentence correct grammatically? "Don't you get annoyed if I'd have answered the question?"

( Sorry for my untidy writing, I can't line-up it because I have no P.C and I use a cell phone.)

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Where did you find the sentence in that question?
2. No, it's not grammatical. I don't know what you mean by it. Can you try to explain your idea differently?

You should still be able to insert line breaks using a cellphone. Simply hit the Return key to move the cursor to a new line.

1. Where did you find the sentence in that question?
2. No, it's not grammatical. I don't know what you mean by it. Can you try to explain your idea differently?

You should still be able to insert line breaks using a cellphone. Simply hit the Return key to move the cursor to a new line.

Sorry, I missed it, it was in a Q and A forum, and now I can't find it, unfortunately. But, I'm sure that there was no more context.
One of the people who had answered it, had written, "it means,
1- to beat something or somebody, 2- way more hard core than Kick ass."
In my second question, I mean that you would get upset if I answered the question, (that question has been asked to you, not me. But I answered it instead of you.)
How can I ask it, in my case, correctly?

Last edited:
"Whip ass' is just another variation on 'kick ass' or 'beat your ass', etc. As far as I know, it only means to physically strike or pummel someone severely.

'Kick-ass' can also means something like 'great or good, really enjoyable' or even 'spicy hot', depending on context. However, I've never heard 'whip-ass' used as a variant of 'kick-ass' in these contexts, only the 'beat' definition.

In the second sentence 'Don't you' is just sort of a non-standard intensifier for the imperative 'don't X'. You'll sometimes hear it as "Don't you go and X."

"Don't you sass me boy." - Do not talk back to me.
"Don't you go and sass me boy." - Do not talk back to me.

Both sentences are written versions of non-standard spoken English.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back