Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I sometimes eat out and I notice that I spend like 100 yuan to 200 yuan on a meal, but if I cook at home, I save a lot of money. I also notice that I can buy the best food (not only organic but fresh) in the supermarket, and the amount of money spent on such food are are less than 100 yuan. I wrote a sentence to express this:

The money I spend on a meal in a restaurant is much more than that of cooking twice organic food home.

Please help me with a better version of the italic sentence.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I sometimes eat out and I notice that I spend like 100 yuan to 200 yuan on a meal no comma here but if I cook at home no comma here I save spend a lot of money less. I also notice that I can buy the best food (not only organic but fresh) in the supermarket, and the amount of money spent I spend on such food are are is less than 100 yuan. I wrote a the following sentence to express this.

The money For what I spend on a meal in a restaurant, is much more than that of cooking twice organic food I can cook two meals at home.

Please help me with a better version of the italic sentence.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is it a surprise that you spend more to eat out than you would for the same meal at home?

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I have to pay twice the cost of a home-cooked meal compared to eating at a restaurant, and the former is healthier too.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
That makes little sense.
What about this?

I have to pay twice the cost of a home-cooked meal compared to eating to have a meal at a restaurant, and the former is healthier too.

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
That's not incorrrect, but emsr2d2's For what I spend on a meal in a restaurant, I can cook two meals at home.is more natural.