Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I sometimes eat out and I notice that I spend like 100 yuan to 200 yuan on a meal, but if I cook at home, I save a lot of money. I also notice that I can buy the best food (not only organic but fresh) in the supermarket, and the amount of money spent on such food are are less than 100 yuan. I wrote a sentence to express this:

The money I spend on a meal in a restaurant is much more than that of cooking twice organic food home.

Please help me with a better version of the italic sentence.

I sometimes eat out and I notice that I spend like 100 yuan to 200 yuan on a meal no comma here but if I cook at home no comma here I save spend a lot of money less. I also notice that I can buy the best food (not only organic but fresh) in the supermarket, and the amount of money spent I spend on such food are are is less than 100 yuan. I wrote a the following sentence to express this.

The money For what I spend on a meal in a restaurant, is much more than that of cooking twice organic food I can cook two meals at home.

Please help me with a better version of the italic sentence.

Is it a surprise that you spend more to eat out than you would for the same meal at home?

I have to pay twice the cost of a home-cooked meal compared to eating at a restaurant, and the former is healthier too.

Last edited:
That makes little sense.
What about this?

I have to pay twice the cost of a home-cooked meal compared to eating to have a meal at a restaurant, and the former is healthier too.

Last edited:
That's not incorrrect, but emsr2d2's For what I spend on a meal in a restaurant, I can cook two meals at home.is more natural.

Back