Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
While I was channel surfing a while ago, I came into a program named, The Proof Is Out There. I tried to google for the meaning and found another similar sentence: The truth is out there. So, does it mean, the proof/truth does exist somewhere but it's not easy to find out? Thanks in advance.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
What's the point of the channel? What's it about?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
While I was channel-surfing a while ago, I came into across a program named no comma here "The Proof Is Out There". I tried to google for the meaning and found another a similar sentence: the truth is out there. So, Does it mean no comma here the proof/truth does exist somewhere but it's not easy to find? out?
Thanks in advance. Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by adding the "Thanks" icon to any post you find useful.

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It means that while the proof is believed to exist, it's difficult to find or confirm. It sounds like some kind of conspiracy theory, fringe science, cryptozoology, or similar alien/UFO website.

Edit: So a quick web search shows that it's a TV show, not a website, but I was correct. Here's the show synopsis from the History Channel:

The Proof is Out There investigates the world's most mysterious videos, photos, and audio recordings, and uses the best technology and experts to render a credible verdict. Each episode analyzes and passes verdicts on several seemingly impossible things "caught on film," including giant beasts, UFOS, apocalyptic sounds, hairy humans, alleged mutants from the deep, conspiracies, and many other cases. Host and veteran journalist Tony Harris takes nothing for granted in a quest for answers, tracking down eyewitnesses, putting each photo or film through a battery of tests, calling out the hoaxes, and highlighting the most credible evidence in an attempt to better understand our world.