Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
In a local in-person English club tonight, I was chatting with Alex. He was interested in knowing something about the IELTS test. He asked me a question about the IELTS reading. He wondered what the reading part was like. I told him something like this:

The reading part is consist of three 800-word passages and there's a time limitation for you to answer 40 questions within an hour, averagely, 20 minutes per one passage. If you want to get a high score of the reading part, you need to know approximately 12,000 English words and be familiar with English articles. *

*: When I said "be familiar with English articles", I meant "one needs to read articles, passages, anything written in English" to help them understand the language.

Please help me with the italic paragrpah.

In a local in-person English club tonight, I was chatting with Alex. He was interested in knowing to know something about the IELTS test. He asked me a question about the IELTS reading. He wondered what the reading part was like. I told him something like this:

The reading part is consists of three 800-word passages and there's a time limitation for you to answer 40 questions within an hour, averagely, 20 minutes per one passage on average. If you want to get a high score of for the reading part, you need to know (have a vocabulary of )approximately 12,000 English words and be familiar with English articles (be fairly well-read). *

*: When I said "be familiar with English articles", I meant "one needs to read articles, passages, anything written in English" to help them understand the language.

Please help me with the italic paragraph.

In a local in-person English club tonight, I was chatting with a man/woman called Alex at the local English club tonight. He was interested in knowing something about was wondering what the reading section of the IELTS test is like. He asked me a question about the IELTS reading. He wondered what the reading part was like. I told him: something like this:

The reading part is consists of three 800-word passages and there's a time limitation for you need to answer 40 questions within an hour, averagely, which is about 20 minutes per (one) passage. If you want to get a high score of in the reading part, you need to know approximately 12,000 English words and be familiar with topical issues in English-speaking countries. English articles. *

*: When I said "be familiar with English articles", I meant "one needs to read articles, passages, and anything written in English" to help them understand the language.

Please help me with the italic paragraph.
See above.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back