Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Is 'on' necessary in the following sentences?

1- The water cycle in nature is a continuous process. It involves the movement of water within the Earth and the atmosphere. In this process, liquid water from the surface of the Earth evaporates into water vapour, condenses to form clouds, and precipitates back to Earth in the form of rain and snow. This water enters the river, lakes, seas, and oceans from where it again evaporates and this is how the cycle goes (on).

2- And this is how life goes (on): there will be times where you feel like nothing more than a patchwork quilt of all the worst parts of yourself, and then there will be times when the call to be better is just so lovely and clear, like a bell ringing at a frequency all the voices that keep you up at night can’t hear.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Did you write those sentences yourself?

thehammer

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Did you write those sentences yourself?
No. The first sentence is taken from a book. And for the second one, I found it on the internet when I was scrolling on a social site.

Barque

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
Did the originals have "on" or not?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
No. The first sentence is taken from a book. And for the second one, I found it on the internet when I was scrolling on a social site.
You must provide the title and author of the book, and a link to the website. We have strict copyright rules so you must provide that information whenever you quote someone else's words.