Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
a recent meta-analysis conducted by Murphy et al., 2019, indicates the necessity of well-controlled studies regarding the cardiometabolic effects and cellular adaptations of multiple short bouts of exercise throughout a day. Murphy’s meta-analysis also draws attention to the lack of studies using exercise sessions less than 10 minutes. Thus, the use of laboratory-controlled animals (e.g., rats) has been an essential approach to bridge those gaps.

Those or these is more apropriately ?

"A recent meta-analysis conducted by Murphy et al., 2019, indicates the necessity of well-controlled studies regarding the cardiometabolic effects and cellular adaptations of multiple short bouts of exercise throughout a day. Murphy’s meta-analysis also draws attention to the lack of studies using exercise sessions less than 10 minutes. Thus, the use of laboratory-controlled animals (e.g., rats) has been an essential approach to bridge those gaps."

Is "those" or "these" [strike]is[/strike] more [STRIKE]apropriately[/STRIKE] appropriate?

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Did you write the text yourself? If not, you need to provide the source and author. This is always the case on the forum.
Note my corrections above, particularly the correct way to construct a question. Don't leave a space before a question mark.

"Those" works better for me in that context. However, I can't say that "these" is entirely wrong.

Yes, I write this text.

Thanks for helping

Yes, I wrote this text.

Thanks for helping.

Note my corrections above. Remember to end every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark. Once you have made ten public posts, you will be able to use the "Like" and "Thank" buttons. Once you can see them, please use the "Thank" button instead of writing a new post to thank anyone.

I'd use (and teach you to use) these.

Generally, when you're referring to things mentioned in directly previous sentences, use this/these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back