Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Is it correct to write the following sentence?

My house's toilet is needed to under innovation these few months.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is [STRIKE]it correct to write[/STRIKE] the following sentence correct?

No. "Under innovation" is not a verb.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
No.

1- Say "the toilet in my house". Do you mean just the toilet, or the bathroom?

2- I think you mean "renovation", not "innovation"; am I right?

3- What do you mean by "these few months"?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is it correct to write the following sentence?

Clearly, the sentence you are trying to write is beyond your level (again).

Polyester

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I try it again.

My bathroom is great old. It's needed to renovate in a few months.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I [STRIKE]try[/STRIKE] have tried to write it again.

My bathroom is [STRIKE]great[/STRIKE] very old. [STRIKE]It's needed[/STRIKE] It will need to be renovated in a few months.

See above.

Be honest - now that you have seen my corrections, do you think the full (correct) sentence is something you could write yourself at this stage?

Polyester

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
See above.

Be honest - now that you have seen my corrections, do you think the full (correct) sentence is something you could write yourself at this stage?

Be honest, I think I can write a full correct sentence. But not now, I find a solution for this issue. It seems that I write everything was not correct. For example, "My bathroom was great old. I saw many story books using the word "great" to describe the things. You are a English teacher, I appreciate you correct me very often. Thank you.

However, I want to say I wrote every sentences were not correct, it's correct for me. But it's not correct for you. I don't know how can I write correct sentences with no errors.
I think my explanations are need to be revised again. By the way, thanks your great help.:-o

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
To be honest, I think I can write a full correct sentence no full stop here but [STRIKE]not[/STRIKE] until now, I have not been able to find a solution for [strike]this[/strike] my issues.

It seems that everything I write [STRIKE]everything[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] is [STRIKE]not correct[/STRIKE] wrong.

For example, "My bathroom was great old". I [STRIKE]saw[/STRIKE] have seen [STRIKE]many story books using[/STRIKE] the word "great" used to describe [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] things in many books. You are an English teacher no comma here and I appreciate the fact that you correct me very often. Thank you.

However, I want to say that even though [STRIKE]I wrote[/STRIKE] every [STRIKE]sentences[/STRIKE] sentence I wrote [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] was [STRIKE]not correct[/STRIKE] wrong, [STRIKE]it's[/STRIKE] they all seemed correct [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to me. [STRIKE]But it's not correct for you.[/STRIKE]

I don't know how [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] I can write [STRIKE]correct[/STRIKE] sentences with no errors.

I think my explanations are need to be revised again.

By the way, thanks for your [STRIKE]great[/STRIKE] help. :-o

Note my corrections above. I don't understand the sentence in blue so I can't correct it. We have said this before and I will say it again - you need to go back to basics. You need to study a beginner's text book and start again.

Polyester

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I have tried it again the part in blue.

I think my explanations or any sentences I written are wrong.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have tried [STRIKE]it again[/STRIKE] to write the part in blue again.

I think my explanations [STRIKE]or any[/STRIKE] and all the sentences I [STRIKE]written[/STRIKE] wrote are wrong.

Unfortunately, you are right. There are no sentences in this thread in which you did not make at least one error. The same is true of most of your threads. This thread is going nowhere. You are trying to construct sentences that are beyond your level and you're not learning anything from our corrections. Additionally, we are spending far too much time having to make corrections in your threads, to the detriment of other users in some cases.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.