Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"Whenever Tom touches his girlfriend she jerks. She dosen't like Tom touching her so she jerks or jerks her hand or leg which ever part he touches her on."

Please check.

You have a careless spelling error that should be addressed first.

You seem to frequently misspell very simple, basic words. The forum has a built-in spell checker. If you see a word underlined in red, that's a clue that it's probably spelled incorrectly.

Occasionally there may be a word that the spell check dictionary doesn't recognize, which may yield a false red underline, but that's rare and happens only with very uncommon words.

You have a careless spelling error that should be addressed first.

You seem to frequently misspell very simple, basic words. The forum has a built-in spell checker. If you see a word underlined in red, that's a clue that it's probably spelled incorrectly.

Occasionally there may be a word that the spell check dictionary doesn't recognize, which may yield a false red underline, but that's rare and happens only with very uncommon words.

Could you please tell me which word's spelling is incorrect? It doesn't indicate anything if you are using this site on your phone. I think it's "whichever."

"Whenever Tom touches his girlfriend she jerks. She dosen't like Tom touching her so she jerks or jerks her hand or leg whichever part he touches her on."

Please check.

Look at the contraction.

If your spellchecker doesn't underline the word we're talking about, there is something wrong with the spellchecker.

It probably wouldn't have underlined "which ever" because both are English words, spelt correctly and it won't know that the right word was "whichever".

(If you still can't work out which word we're talking about, there is a big hint in the first sentence of this post.)

If your spellchecker doesn't underline the word we're talking about, there is something wrong with the spellchecker.

It probably wouldn't have underlined "which ever" because both are English words, spelt correctly and it won't know that the right word was "whichever".

(If you still can't work out which word we're talking about, there is a big hint in the first sentence of this post.)

Sorry, I couldn't figure out that which word it was. Could you please help? Is it "whenever?"

You don't have to figure it out because post#5 already pointed it out.

Another clue: it begins with d.:roll:

It doesn't work in Google Chrome for Android.

Please tell us you've found it now, tufguy!

Please tell us you've found it now, tufguy!

Yes, sorry I am so dumb. Sorry guys I am a dumb person that's why I always had difficulty solving the maths problems whereas my friends were excellent at it.

"Whenever Tom touches his girlfriend she jerks. She doesn't like Tom touching her so she jerks or jerks her hand or leg which ever part he touches her on."

Please check.

You've fixed that error but you've now repeated the other error which you corrected in post #6! You're not dumb - you're just careless sometimes.

You've fixed that error but you've now repeated the other error which you corrected in post #6! You're not dumb - you're just careless sometimes.

"Whenever Tom touches his girlfriend she jerks. She doesn't like Tom touching her so she jerks or jerks her hand or leg whichever part he touches her on."

But you never said that "which ever" was incorrect so I thought that it didn't matter whether it was "whichever" or "which ever". Sorry for this.

But you never said that "which ever" was incorrect so I thought that it didn't matter whether it was "whichever" or "which ever". Sorry for this.

Yes I did. Here's what I said in post #4:

"It probably wouldn't have underlined "which ever" because both are English words, spelt correctly and it won't know that the right word was "whichever".

No one has corrected the OP's sentence, so I try.

'Whenever Tom touches his girlfriend, she jerks. She doesn't like Tom touching her, so she jerks away whatever part he touches.'

not a teacher

Perhaps the first sentence works better with "she flinches".

Also 'recoils'.

Tom definitely needs a new girlfriend.:roll:

'Whenever Tom touches his girlfriend, she flinches or recoils. She doesn't like Tom touching her, so she flinches or recoils away whatever part he touches.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back