Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
1. Since he is travelling with his family, he has requested us to pay in cash for his air passage due for the year 2021
2. Since he is travelling together with his family, he would like to cash in lieu of air passage for the year 2021.

Please tell me are the both sentences grammatically correct and natural?

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Please tell me are the if both sentences are grammatically correct and natural?

There's something missing from #2 (if you had helpfully numbered them).

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
There's something missing from #2 (if you had helpfully numbered them).
I reworded sentences. Please check and advise if the sentences below are worded correctly.
1. Since he is travelling with his family, he has requested us to pay in cash, for his air passage due for 2021.
2. Since he is travelling with his family, he would like to cash in lieu of air passage for the year 2021.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
2. is still defective. It's not even a sentence.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
2. is still defective. It's not even a sentence.
Please tell me if all three sentences below are grammatically correct and sound.
1. Since he is travelling with his family, he has requested us to pay in cash, for his air passage due for 2021.
2. Since he is travelling with his family, he has requested for cash in lieu of air passage for the year 2021.
3. Since he is travelling with his family, he would like to cash in his air passage for the period of 2020-2021.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I'm afraid none of them makes any sense.

'Since' can only mean 'because' here, and what follows is a non sequitur.

What's the context? Please explain the circumstances surrounding what you want to say, and stick to the first sentence only before introducing any variants.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I'm afraid none of them makes any sense.

'Since' can only mean 'because' here, and what follows is a non sequitur.

What's the context? Please explain the circumstances surrounding what you want to say, and stick to the first sentence only before introducing any variants.

He requested us to not to book the ticket for him as he is travelling with his family, and he will book it his own. He requested us to pay in cash instead.

Please tell me if the sentences below are worded correctly.
1. He is travelling with his family, so he has requested us to pay in cash, for his air passage due for 2021.
2. He is travelling with his family, so he has requested for cash in lieu of air passage for the year 2021.

Thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
He requested us to that we not to book the ticket for him as he is travelling with his family, and he will book it his own himself. He requested us to that we pay him in cash instead.

Please tell me if the sentences below are worded correctly.

1. He is travelling with his family, so he has requested us to that we pay him in cash no comma here for his air passage due for travel in 2021.

Note my corrections above, and my suggestions for how to make sentence 1 natural.

2. He is travelling with his family, so he has requested for cash in lieu of air passage for the year 2021.

I can't fix sentence 2 because I don't know what you mean by the underlined part. Are sentences 1 and 2 supposed to mean the same thing?

Remember that we don't use "request me/us/they". You can say:

He [has] asked us to pay him in cash.
He [has] requested that we pay him in cash.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Note my corrections above, and my suggestions for how to make sentence 1 natural.

I can't fix sentence 2 because I don't know what you mean by the underlined part. Are sentences 1 and 2 supposed to mean the same thing?

Remember that we don't use "request me/us/they". You can say:

He [has] asked us to pay him in cash.
He [has] requested that we pay him in cash.
Thank you
Since he is planning to travel with his family. he has requested for air ticket encashment so that he can book the ticket himself. That is why I used "cash in lieu of air passage" I am not sure whether it will fit into that sentence and meaningful.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Now you're going to have to explain what you mean by "he has requested for air ticket encashment"!

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Now you're going to have to explain what you mean by "he has requested for air ticket encashment"!
I meant to say that he has requested encashment for air travel tricket so that he can book it himself.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
He can only ask for the encashment value if the company had already booked a ticket and he is asking them to cancel the booking and just give him the money instead. Is that what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.