Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi everyone, are there any mistakes or repetitions in this piece of writing? Any help will be appreciated.
They stayed the night, their fires cutting through the darkness and Moogh wandering back and forth between his herd and the human herd. The human hunters greeted Moogh and said their goodbyes, speaking them softly. Jingying spoke to Gan. “Moogh will miss us as much as we miss him. If not for the call of his true nature, he might’ve stayed with us always”.

Gan nodded, unspeaking for a moment, then. “He might return one day when he no longer leads the herd. Should we tell Yang to expect him”?

Jingying shook her head. “No, no point in getting his hopes up. Let it be a surprise”.

Weifeng woke to find Lanhua had already woken and then she heard soft grunting coming from her workroom, and she laughed; she used to grunt like that when she first carved jade. Weifeng got dressed, and then went outside to get some water from the well and some fresh eggs from the chickens. When she entered via the back door, she found Lanhua setting the table for breakfast. “Good morning, early bird. Did you sleep well and dream of magical kingdoms”?

Lanhua smiled and returned the greeting. “Good morning, Aunty. I did sleep well, but my dream was about my brother being sad, not magical kingdoms. I hope our carving will make him happy. That’s why you got me to carve it, isn’t it”?

Weifeng nodded.

Try:

Gan nodded, silent for a moment, then he said ....

And:

Weifeng woke up and notived that Lanhua was already up ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back