Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Sam Bang and Fish Bang are brothers of Joe Bang. Clyde and Jimmy met Sam Bang and Fish Bang who are with god that means no committing sin. But they agree to rob the bank with Clyde and Jimmy after listening to Clyde's sister who was working at shop and harrashed by shop employee. During the robbery, dispute took place when Clyde's plastic arm suck into vacuum machine and Fish Bang said these words to Jimmy who is disturbed when Sam Bang and Fish Bang started fun on his brother Clyde's disability:

So moving up that date was a vagrant fliolation of our morality clause.

Jimmy is Clyde's brother. Clyde is ex military officer and lost his arm in iraq war. Jimmy is leader of the bank robbery moved date what is the meaning of "vagrant fliolation"? I know "fliolation" mean "violation", but what is the meaning of "vagrant fliolation"?

Source: Logan Lucky 2017

Last edited by a moderator:

GoesStation

Staff member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You should write these narratives in the present simple tense.

Fish Bang was reversing the initial sounds of the words flagrant violation. When this results in two meaningful but misplaced words, it's called a Spoonerism. I guess you could call this case a "half-Spoonerism".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Sam Bang and Fish Bang are brothers of Joe Bang. Clyde and Jimmy met Sam Bang and Fish Bang who are with god that means no committing sin. But they agree to rob the bank with Clyde and Jimmy after listening to Clyde's sister who was working at shop and harrashed by shop employee. During the robbery, dispute took place when Clyde's plastic arm suck into vacuum machine and Fish Bang said these words to Jimmy who is disturbed when Sam Bang and Fish Bang started fun on his brother Clyde's disability:

I have underlined the verbs in your piece. Can you see what a mixture of tenses you have used?

GoesStation

Staff member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is there a [STRIKE]Any[/STRIKE] reason [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] why should I write the context in the present simple tense?

It's just the way we do it in English.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Any reason to why should I write context in present simple tense?

Yes. When we talk about what happens in a work of fiction, it's customary to tell the story in the present simple tense. For example: Luke, Han, and Princess Leah walk into a saloon full of aliens.

It makes it easier to tell the story.

GoesStation

Staff member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thinking this over, I realized another tense may be needed. If you have to describe something which happened previously and affects the current situation, you should use the present perfect: The Empire has reduced the rebel alliance to a handful of fighters. Luke, Han, and Princess Leah walk into a saloon full of aliens, hoping to find Obi-Wan Kenobi.