We need to create a situation where they wish everyday that they die but they do not

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
This is an account of my thinking.

In the present time we see a lot of terrorist attacks. They kill a lot of people just to be killed. Dying is a way of salvation. They are getting freed of all the difficulties after dying. I think instead of killing these people we need to capture them alive. We need to create a situation where they wish everyday that they die but they do not die.

Please check my sentences.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]This is an account of my thinking.[/STRIKE] The following is my opinion:

[STRIKE]In the present time[/STRIKE] These days/Nowadays, we see a lot of terrorist attacks. [STRIKE]They[/STRIKE] Terrorists kill a lot of people just to be killed themselves. Dying is a way [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] to achieve salvation. They [STRIKE]are getting[/STRIKE] will be freed of all [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] difficulties after dying. I think that, instead of killing [STRIKE]these people[/STRIKE] the terrorists, we [STRIKE]need to[/STRIKE] should capture them alive. We need to create a situation where they wish [STRIKE]everyday[/STRIKE] every day that they were dead. [STRIKE]die but they do not die.[/STRIKE]

Please check my sentences.

See above.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's grammatically acceptable but I wouldn't say it.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
It's grammatically acceptable but I wouldn't say it.

So, what would you say if you had to say "Make them suffer so much that they wish for death every day but do not die"?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Read what I wrote in post #2 again. The way I reworded your final sentence is the way I would say it. Did you think I was suggesting something I wouldn't actually use?

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Read what I wrote in post #2 again. The way I reworded your final sentence is the way I would say it. Did you think I was suggesting something I wouldn't actually use?

Okay "They wish they were dead".

Status
Not open for further replies.