Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
For me, poetry-art is an art-form that allows the artist to combine both poetry and a visual work of art within a single art piece. Words and paintings are a perfect combination to provide a snapshot into our minds and thoughts. Would you please proofread my sentences and share what you imagine when you look at the painting? Any help would be appreciated. Here are the words and the painting.

I promised myself to think of it no more... Yet here I am, my eyes welling up with unexpected tears.

20201211.jpg

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
For me, poetry[STRIKE]-art [/STRIKE]is an art form that allows the artist to combine both poetry and a visual work of art within a single art piece. Words and paintings are a perfect combination to provide a snapshot into our minds and thoughts. Would you please proofread my sentences and share what you imagine when you look at the painting? Any help would be appreciated. Here are the words and the painting.

I promised myself to think of it no more... Yet here I am, my eyes welling up with unexpected tears.

View attachment 3760

I prefer "my eyes unexpectedly welling up".

How is poetry a visual work of art any more than literature is? Do you mean the way it is presented?

rodgers white

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I prefer "my eyes unexpectedly welling up".

How is poetry a visual work of art any more than literature is? Do you mean the way it is presented?

For me, poetry is just like a compressed art form of lierature. It is more straightful, more emotional powerful and full of visual impacts. Yeah, the way presented in a poem always provokes our passionate feelings easily by these psychedelic, poetic verses.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is "straightful" a word you made up?
::)

rodgers white

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Is "straightful" a word you made up?
::)

Oops, my bad. Yeah, that's something happening sometimes. When I get up in the morning, half asleep and half awake, some word appears in my vision of mind. It seems so natural and intimate in some way. I almost instantly write it down. I don’t care about it right or wrong. Only the image in mind matters to me. I need to use my words to describe the illusion on my paper before it disappears. I regard it my best way to let my thoughts fly and I know this is my way to relax my self in such a crazy world. Try to find a piece of calmness, quietness and nothingness. When you close your eyes for one minute, then you have a deep breath, after this a new day begins. I don’t know it works for you or not , but undoubtedly it works quite well for me. So, whatever straightful or straightforward it is, let us enjoy our own world a bit, live this beautiful moment a bit before you see this world brutally clear.:-D

By the way, anything to improve or to share, my friends?

20201211.jpg

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Oops, my bad. Yeah, that's something [STRIKE]happening[/STRIKE] that happens sometimes.

When I get up in the morning, half asleep and half awake, some word appears in my [STRIKE]vision of[/STRIKE] mind (perhaps you mean "in my mind's eye").

It seems so natural and intimate in some way. What does? The word or the fact that it appears in your mind?

I almost instantly write it down. I don’t care [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] whether it's right or wrong. Only the image in my mind matters to me.

I need to use my words to describe the illusion on my paper before it disappears. On what paper? How is there an illusion on your piece of paper?

I regard it [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] as the best way to let my thoughts fly and I know this is my way [STRIKE]to relax[/STRIKE] of relaxing [myself] in such a crazy world.

Try to find a piece (the underlined word doesn't work there. Perhaps you mean "place") of calmness, quietness and nothingness.

[STRIKE]When you[/STRIKE] Close your eyes for one minute, then [STRIKE]you have[/STRIKE] take a deep breath; after this, a new day begins.

I don’t know if it works for you or not, but undoubtedly it works quite well for me.

So, whatever straightful or straightforward it is, (the underlined part makes no sense) let us enjoy our own world a bit; live this beautiful moment a bit before you see this world [STRIKE]brutally clear[/STRIKE] with brutal clarity.
:-D

By the way, can anything [STRIKE]to improve[/STRIKE] be improved or do you have anything else to share? [STRIKE]my friends?[/STRIKE]

See above.

rodgers white

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
See above.

Thank you for your patient work. I like your corrections. There are two things that I want to clarify.
************************************************************************************

First, as for ‘I need to use my words to describe the illusion on my paper before it disappears’, you ask ‘On what paper? How is there an illusion on your piece of paper?’
I have to say this is my mistake. I should write something like that: I need to use my words to describe the illusion as soon as possible and put them down on my paper before it disappears.

Second, as for ‘Try to find a piece (the underlined word doesn't work there. Perhaps you mean "place") of calmness, quietness and nothingness’, I don’t mean to find a place as such. I just want to feel a bit of those things within. So can I say ‘Try to find a bit of calmness, quietness and nothingness’ instead?

So, what about now? Can anything be improved or do you have anything to share?

Oops, my bad. Yeah, that's something that happens sometimes. When I get up in the morning, half asleep and half awake, some word appears in my mind's eye. The word seems so natural and intimate in some way. I almost instantly write it down. I don’t care whether it's right or wrong. Only the image in my mind matters to me. I need to use my words to describe the illusion as soon as possible and put them down on my paper before it disappears. I regard it as the best way to let my thoughts fly and I know this is my way of relaxing myself in such a crazy world. Try to find a bit of calmness, quietness and nothingness within. Close your eyes for one minute, then take a deep breath; after this, a new day begins. I don’t know if it works for you or not, but undoubtedly it works quite well for me. So, just forget about ‘straightful’, let us enjoy our own world a bit; live this beautiful moment a bit before you see this world with brutal clarity.

Last edited:

rodgers white

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
emsr2d2, could you check Post #7 for me when you have time please? Thanks again for your wonderful job.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It's much better. Much clearer.
:up: