Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Hi,

In order to improve my writing skills, I decided to summarize my day. Could you help to find errors or sentences that had to be reformulated ?

Thanks in advance.

"At 12 a.m , the real start of a day, I was already awake. In fact my rhythm of sleep is not a good point at all. I was discussing with a friend, helping him in biostatistics & also to write a paragraph in immunology. In the same time, I had to clean the house because I had to welcome my friends in the evening. The discussion lasted 4 hours, of course we made some pauses. At 5 a.m I had started to clean the bathroom, and to wash the dishes. I didn’t eat at all, I only drank water. I began to clean the room but it was already the time to prepare myself in order to referee a match in my town. It was 9 past ten when I arrived in the stadium, the welcome was good, the stadium wasn’t so good. I did not warm up a lot because I have a pain in my leg since three weeks and I haven’t started the recovery yet. Physically speaking, I was not at the level at all. In the management of the players I think that I was doing a great job. In my decisions, sometimes they were good, sometimes not which is maybe the consequence of a bad stamina. The score was 2-2 at the final whistle despite the fact that the local team was leading 2-0 at the halftime. They gave me bread with cheese at the end of the match. At a quarter past 1 p.m I was in my room. I took a bath, and I wash a ton of clothes. That was a bad mistake because neither the clothes were dry nor It smelt good. I had not the time to finish the house’s cleaning before I had to leave to welcome my friends. They arrived in my city at 5 p.m."

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi,

In order to improve my writing skills, I decided to summarize my day. Could you help to find errors or sentences that had to be reformulated ?

Thanks in advance.

"At 12 a.m., the real start of the day for me, I was already awake. In fact, my [STRIKE]rhythm of[/STRIKE] sleep hasn't been great lately. [STRIKE]is not a good point at all.[/STRIKE] I was discussing that with a friend while helping him in biostatistics [STRIKE]& also[/STRIKE] and to write a paragraph in immunology. [STRIKE]In[/STRIKE] At the same time, I had to clean the house because [STRIKE]I had to welcome[/STRIKE] my friends were visiting in the evening. The discussion lasted four hours, and of course we [STRIKE]made[/STRIKE] had some breaks (in between). [STRIKE]pauses.[/STRIKE] At 5 a.m., I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] started [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] cleaning the bathroom and [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] washing the dishes. I didn’t eat at all; I only drank water. I began to clean the room, but it was already [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] time to [STRIKE]prepare myself in order[/STRIKE] get ready to referee a match in my town. It was nine past ten when I arrived in the stadium, the welcome was good, but the stadium wasn’t so good. I did not warm up [STRIKE]a lot[/STRIKE] much before the game because I've had [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] a pain in my leg [STRIKE]since[/STRIKE] for three weeks, and I haven’t [STRIKE]started the[/STRIKE] fully recovered yet. [STRIKE]y yet.[/STRIKE] Physically, [STRIKE]speaking,[/STRIKE] I was not in great shape [STRIKE]at the level[/STRIKE] at all, [STRIKE]In the management of[/STRIKE] but as far as controlling the players, I think that I [STRIKE]was doing[/STRIKE] did a great job. [STRIKE]In my decisions,[/STRIKE] Some of my decisions [STRIKE]times they[/STRIKE] were good, sometimes not which is maybe the consequence of a bad stamina. The score was 2-2 at the final whistle despite the fact that the home [STRIKE]local[/STRIKE] team was leading 2-0 at [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] halftime. They gave me bread with cheese at the end of the match [Was that to thank you? Was it a sandwich?]. At [STRIKE]a quarter past[/STRIKE] 1:15 p.m., I was back in my room. I took a bath and washed a ton of clothes. That was a bad mistake because neither the clothes were dry nor It smelt good. I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] did not have [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] time to finish the house cleaning before I had to leave to welcome my friends at the airport. They arrived [STRIKE]in my city[/STRIKE] at 5 p.m."
I don't understand the text highlighted in blue.