What's the difference between saying: If that doesn't work for you please let me kno

• Thread starter B45
  • Start date
  • Views : 30,413
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B45

What's the difference between saying:

If that doesn't work for you please let me know soon as I have to make other arrangements.

vs

If that won't work for you please let me know soon as I have to make other arrangements.

Are both similar?

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yes, they have the same meaning. There should be a comma after "you" in both.

B

B45

If that doesn't work for you, please let me know soon as I have to make other arrangements.

vs

If that won't work for you, please let me know soon as I have to make other arrangements.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
If that doesn't work for you, please let me know soon as I have to make other arrangements.

vs

If that won't work for you, please let me know soon as I have to make other arrangements.

Is that a new question? If so, it's the same as the original and Mike has already provided the answer.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
In any case, neither is ideal. You don't have to make other arrangements unless it doesn't/won't work for them. You seem to be saying that you have to make other arrangements.
You want something like " ... as I will/would have to make other arrangements." (if it doesn't/won't work for you).

Status
Not open for further replies.