Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I want to express a person wanted a kiss another person for a long time.

Can I use "overdue"?

Is this okay?

I've been meaning to kiss you for a long time. I should have done it years ago and I deserved it. I want my overdue kiss.

I want to say that a person has been wanting to kiss another person for a long time.

Can I use "overdue"?

Is this okay?

I've been meaning to kiss you for a long time. I should have done it years ago and I deserved it. I want my overdue kiss.

Let me know how that works out for you.
:)

Let me know how that works out for you.
:)

I will.:) But I'm more concerned about whether or not my sentence is correct. I always am!

Well, I would have said so if there was a problem with the grammar or whatever. Since there wasn't, I saw a chance to say something funny, and I took it. ;-)

By the way, I believe the expression is "It's now or never." (I heard that in a song once.)

I wouldn't- it sounds a bit bullying. I'd say that I had wanted the kiss for a long time rather than the pressure.

I wouldn't- it sounds a bit bullying. I'd say that I had wanted the kiss for a long time rather than the pressure.

That was my reason for my "Let me know how that works out" response.

I want to express a person wanted a kiss another person for a long time.

Unclear. This can either mean the person has (a) long wanted to kiss or (b) wanted a long kiss.

Can I use "overdue"?

Yes.

Is this okay?

I've been wanting to kiss you for a long time. I should have done it years ago and I deserved it. I want my overdue kiss.
Using meaning makes it sound like it just slipped your mind. That's not very flattering to the prospective kissee!

Yeah. I'd just kiss her.

Not without her consent!

Personally, I always earn it before I do it. I mean it terms of convincing her. It tastes better when you put hard work into it.

Personally, I always earn it before I do it. I mean it terms of convincing her. It tastes better when you put hard work into it.
I think Ems means that demanding a kiss isn't very romantic.

If you're not trying to sound romantic, it's fine.

Without knowing the story, we can't tell whether he's trying to be romantic, funny, or threatening.

Demanding a kiss isn't romantic but kissing someone without their consent is assault if the kisser is not already in a romantic/sexual relationship with the kissee!

Perhaps:

After the kiss

He: I have a confession. I had been wanting to do that for a long time.
She: Why didn't you?
He: I guess I thought you wouldn't want to.
She: Well, better late than never.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back