Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
First Thanks for this Forum and Thanks for my friend telling this option.

My Question is :-
While reading an English paper or poster or any English sentence I am skipping some words it's not
Because of fast also when I read slow also I am missing some words. Because of this i am not going to
Move next position in my job :cry:

I have some example as well
1) While writing I will confuse b and d words.
2) The ducklings were very happy following their mother and quack-quacking along the way.
I have miss reading their

So guide or tell my i am doing this mistake please

Thanks
Suman

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
First, thanks for this forum and thanks for my friend telling this option. (I have no idea what the underlined part means.)

My ​question is :-
While reading an English paper or poster or any English sentence I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] frequently [STRIKE]skipping[/STRIKE] skip some words. It's not because [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] I read too fast [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] - even when I read slowly, [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]am missing[/STRIKE] miss some words. Because of this I am not [STRIKE]going[/STRIKE] able to move to the next position in my job. :cry:

I have some examples as well:
1) While writing, I [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] confuse the letters "b" and "d". [STRIKE]words.[/STRIKE]
2) The ducklings were very happy following their mother and quack-quacking along the way.
I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]miss[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]reading[/STRIKE] missed the word "their".

[STRIKE]So guide or tell my[/STRIKE] Can you help me to understand why I am [STRIKE]doing[/STRIKE] making this mistake please?

Thanks.
Suman

Welcome to the forum.

The most simple answer to your problem is that you must slow down even more and be more careful. If necessary, use your finger or a piece of paper (or a wooden rule) to cover up the words in a sentence that you have not read yet. Only move your finger/paper further along the sentence when you have read the next visible word in the sentence. Make sure you have read it and understood it before moving on. At the beginning, this might be very slow and sometimes the sentence won't seem to make sense but if you know you are missing words, then you need to go back to basics.

As far as "b" and "d" are concerned, this is a common problem, especially for people unfamiliar with the English alphabet. Practice words which have either "b" or "d" in. Learn example sentences for each and practice the pronunciation. Learn words which contain both (bad, dab, bed, bod, bode etc) and do the same - learn an example sentence which helps you to remember both the spelling and the definition.

Please look at the corrections I have made to your post in red. There is no need to capitalise random words in the middle of sentences. Follow these rules in written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- Always capitalise the word "I" and all proper nouns (India, English, London, Shakespeare, Microsoft etc).
- End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Is it only b & d?

sumanamara

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thanks. Now on words , I will follow your tips and I have some few questions
I am learning English how to start i.e
I need to start with grammar or
Vocabulary or
i can start reading a book's story to get new words and
the main problem:-?is I not able to continue learning english because of mother language using frequency.
Can you help me on this as well.

Thanks

sumanamara

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thanks Tdol.yes i have do much mistake on this words only.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks. Now on words, (I don't know what you mean by the underlined words) I will follow your tips and I have some/a few questions.
I am learning English. ​How [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] should I start? [STRIKE]i.e [/STRIKE] Do I need to start with grammar or vocabulary or should I [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] start reading a book[STRIKE]'s story[/STRIKE] to get new words? [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE]
The main problem [STRIKE]:-?[/STRIKE] is that I am not able to continue learning English because [STRIKE]of mother language using frequency[/STRIKE] I use my mother tongue most of the time.
Can you help me on this as well?

Thanks.

Do you have a teacher helping you with English? It is a good idea for you to go to classes locally or try to get an online teacher. For proper classes, you will need to pay. It is difficult to say where you should start. As you can see, you make a lot of mistakes. You need to look at the basics. Learn the verbs and look at the construction of sentences. As I said in my last post, you also need to look at your capitalisation. I don't think you need to add to your vocabulary and learn new words until you are able to construct simple sentences correctly.
Why did you say "I am not able to continue learning English?" Why not?

Thanks Tdol. Yes [STRIKE]I have do much[/STRIKE] make a lot of mistakes on [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] these [STRIKE]words[/STRIKE] letters only.

Look again at the rules of written English I gave you in post #2. Start every sentence with a capital letter. Always capitalise the word "I". Note that "b" and "d" are not words, they are letters.

sumanamara

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thanks emsr2d2. I have joined in English class. But it's very difficult to understand grammar i trying practicing much .

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Good luck with the classes, and don't worry- what you don't understand today will seem simple in a short time. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.