Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Please correct my mistakes.

In his class, the teacher recognizes that Mark was called as a fool by his friends. One day, the teacher meet those boys to ask why they called Mark as. One of them answers: “If you give him a nickel and a dime, he will choose a nickel”. To prove this thing a boy takes two coins from his bag and gives Mark. Mark gets a dime and gives the boy back a nickel.

Next day, the teacher asks Mark why you don’t choose a nickel instead of a dime. Mark answers respectfully that if I choose a nickel, next times they will not give me coins.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I think you might have got the coins mixed up. Am I right?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[Strike]In his class,[/Strike] The teacher [Strike]recognizes[/Strike] realized that Mark was being called [Strike]as[/Strike] a fool by his friends. One day, the teacher [Strike]meet[/Strike] met those boys to ask why they [Strike]called[/Strike] were calling Mark that. [Strike]as.[/Strike] One of them answered: “If you give him a nickel and a dime, he will choose [Strike]a[/Strike] the nickel”. To prove this, [Strike]thing[/Strike] a boy [Strike]takes[/Strike] took two coins from his bag and [Strike]gives[/Strike] gave them to Mark. Mark [Strike]gets a dime[/Strike] took the nickel and [Strike]gives[/Strike] gave the boy back the dime. [Strike]a nickel.[/Strike]

Next day, the teacher [Strike]asks[/Strike] asked Mark why [Strike]you don’t choose a[/Strike] he had chosen the nickel instead of [Strike]a[/Strike] the dime. Mark [Strike]answers[/Strike] answered respectfully that if he had chosen the dime, [Strike]I choose a nickel, next times[/Strike] they [Strike]will[/Strike] would not give [Strike]me[/Strike] him any coins in future.
By the way, where did you find that text?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Teechar, [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] do you mean I must give you the source?

Yes, you must provide the source and author of any text you quote if you didn't write it yourself.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hmm. That links to a page that's entirely in Vietnamese. Were you trying to translate that into English?

chunchuntthn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Teechar, yes i am. I got some ideas from that paragraph.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Teechar, yes I am. I got some ideas from that paragraph.

I see. In future, please provide the source (preferably with a link) to any external text that you use.
Always capitalize the personal pronoun "I".

chunchuntthn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
This is my rewrite. Thanks for correcting my paragraph.

The teacher realized that Mark was being called a fool by his friends. One day, the teacher met those boys to ask why they were calling Mark that. One of them answered: “If you give him a nickel and a dime, he will choose the nickel”. To prove this, a boy took two coins from his bag and gave them to Mark. Mark took the nickel and gave the boy back the dime.

Next day, the teacher asked Mark why he had chosen the nickel instead of the dime. Mark answered respectfully that if he had chosen the dime, they would not give him any coins in future.

chunchuntthn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Please explain for me the difference is between "to recognize" and "to realize".

Status
Not open for further replies.