Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Why are the countries which currently suffer the most direct health impacts from climate change some of the least likely to publish climate research? In the lead-up to COP26, Prof. Penny Murage of LSHTM discusses the field and her community work in sub-Saharan Africa, and Ayesha Tandon of CarbonBrief talks about her recent piece on inequality in climate research.

Source: The Lancet

The grammatical structure of the first sentence above appears to be "Why are the countries (the subject)... some of the least likely (the object) to publish climate research". I don't have a very clear picture about "some of the least likely". I wonder whether it is the same to say "among the least likely". If not, what is the difference?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Why are the countries which currently suffer the most direct health impacts from climate change some of the least likely to publish climate research? In the lead-up to COP26, Prof. Penny Murage of LSHTM discusses the field and her community work in sub-Saharan Africa, and Ayesha Tandon of CarbonBrief talks about her recent piece on inequality in climate research.

Source: The Lancet

The grammatical structure of the first sentence above appears to be "Why are the countries (the subject)... some of the least likely (the object) to publish climate research". I don't have a very clear picture about "some of the least likely". I wonder whether it is the same as saying "among the least likely".

Yes.

If not, what is the difference?

OK.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I wonder whether it is the same to say "among the least likely". If not, what is the difference?

Yes. There's no difference in meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.