Will I be pushed and forced to purchase there?

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Many tourists have been asked to buy things when they travel to different places here. And now more and more people know such things because of online videos or friends around them (who have traveled to other places and asked to buy things.) If they don't buy, the guide will not feel happy and will do something to punish the tourists.

My friend asked me to travel to relax. She's working for a travel agency. After she said that, I jokingly asked her:

Will I be pushed and forced to purchase there?

Is my question natural?

Many tourists have been asked to buy things when they travel to different places here. And now more and more people know such things because of online videos or friends around them (who have traveled to other places and asked to buy things.) If they don't buy, the guide will not feel happy and will do something to punish the tourists.
Most of that is poorly worded. I could only make some sense of it when I read the last sentence.
My friend asked me to travel to relax. She's working for a travel agency.
Again, that doesn't make much sense!
After she said that, I jokingly asked her:

Will I be pushed and forced to purchase pressured to buy something there?

Is my question natural?
No. See suggestion.

"Rich" is not the correct antonym here!
That was a joke though a bad one.

Please help me with the poor worded paragraph when you're not busy, teechar.

Much appreciated!

You should try to write it yourself. Focus on the main idea, and keep out irrelevant details.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back