Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I'm not a teacher

Hi everyone,
Would anyone explain to me the difference among theese verbs?
Thank you in advance.

I'm not a teacher

Hi everyone,
Would anyone explain to me the difference among theese verbs?
Thank you in advance.
'weird'
They're not verbs; they're adjectives. "Rare' is the odd one out. Can you work out why?

They're not verbs, of course :oops: :oops:, they're adjectives.
You say that rare is the odd one out but American speaker say odd is more used by Britons.
Other people say that weird has a more pejorative connotation than the others. The thing is that I don't know what is the real difference among them.

You say that rare is the odd one out but American speaker say odd is more used by Britons.
Other people say that weird has a more pejorative connotation than the others. The thing is that I don't know what is the real difference among them.
"Rare" is the odd one out, it has nothing to do with American versus British usage.

"Weird, strange and odd" all mean perplexingly unusual, unexpected, bizarre ...
"Rare" simply means not common. It might be unusual, but not strangely unusual. A 1936 Australian penny is very rare (and worth a lot of money), but there's nothing weird, strange or odd about it.

I can't think of any simple way to differentiate the other three terms. They can all have various connotations which you'll learn through reading and listening to English.

. . .and we refer to the difference between those adjectives.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back