Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
"Straw man fallacy means attacking the other person's argument by taking it from a different position and exaggerating it. For example, let us suppose Jane says that women have the right to control their own body and therefore supports abortion. In response to this, Tom says that Jane supports mass murder because women who have abortion will have killed their babies in their wombs."

I'm not sure if I used the right tense in the bold part. If it is wrong, which tense should I use?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"The 'straw man fallacy' means attacking [STRIKE]the other[/STRIKE] another person's argument by [STRIKE]taking[/STRIKE] looking at it from a different position and exaggerating it. For example, [STRIKE]let us[/STRIKE] let's suppose Jane says that women have the right to control their own body and therefore supports abortion. In response to this, Tom says that Jane supports mass murder because women who have an abortion [STRIKE]will have killed[/STRIKE] are killing/would be killing their babies in their wombs."

I'm not sure if I used the right tense in the bold part. If it is wrong, which tense should I use?

emsr2d2

Status
Not open for further replies.