[Vocabulary] Word's meaning in a particular (provided) context? (extra bits)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony patters

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hello there,

Can you tell me what girl says at 0:14 in this video:
?

1.He's got extra ???? Bits? Pits? Either one, what does it mean? If I'm not mistaken bits can be a reference to human genitals. If that's the case here, what does it mean? He's got both male's and female's ones?

2.What's the guy's last (and overall last) phrase in that video (0:46)?

Thanks! Anthony.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
At 0:14, she says "He's got extra bits". I take that to mean genitals. I'm not quite clear what she means though.
At 0:46, after he sniggers, he says "I'm sorry".

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
She's obviously very unprepared to deal with caring for a baby. I think the 'extra bits' is a comment that not only is a baby confusing, it's extra confusing to her as a woman since it has male genitals, as if that somehow complicates the problem more - i.e. it might somehow be easier to deal with if it were a female child because she'd at least be familiar with the basic plumbing, as she attempts to change her first diaper.

In other words, the more parts a machine (or in this case baby) has, the more difficult it is to operate (or care for).

Thus his snide comment that she should be familiar with male genitals, even if they're smaller. She may not have them, but she's seen them before. I took it as a comment that the two of them have had sexual relations.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
In other words, the more parts a machine (or in this case baby) has, the more difficult it is to operate (or care for).
Well, it's the same number of bits (give or take). Female bits just aren't so "out there".

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
External may be too long a word for her. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.