Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

*************************************************************************************************

For two weeks, Dylan and Penny studied the data from the four probes, which was identical apart from some expected minor fluctuations. The last zero point four seconds of the fourth probe’s data, however, did show a sudden decrease in the flow of exotic matter, and when re-examined, two of the other three showed a steady but gradual decline as well.
Dylan said, “Look at that - the first probe shows no decline at all; then the second and third, a gradual decline; the fourth, a sudden drop just before it exits. A fifth probe would not have made it through.”

Penny thought a moment, and then said, “We could increase the flow of exotic matter a little and still remain within safety limits, but anything beyond that is likely to cause a catastrophic explosion. I like our planet unexploded.”

Dylan just nodded.
Several more tests were conducted with the same results apart from an increase of just over one second. One day, Dylan voiced a thought. “What if the problem is not just a matter of quantity, but quality as well? What if the exotic matter we create is too generalised and needs to be more specific?”

Penny asked, “Can we create exotic matter of a specific type?”

Dylan shrugged. “I made a detector for the probes etc. It didn’t occur to me that there would be a need to discriminate between types. Let’s clear that bench. I have an idea for an idea”.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dylan just nodded.

Why ",just"? Was he supposed to do something else too? And why does that sentence get its own line?

Dylan wouldn't use " etc." that way. His English is better than that. ����

P.S. Good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.