Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi there. Would you please proofread the following text? Any help would be appreciated.

****************************************************************************************************

After clearing the bench, Dylan placed a large Bell Jar in its centre; set around the inside circumference of the jar could be seen various sensors. When Dylan turned a valve on top of the jar a hissing sound could be heard as the jar filled with air. “This is the apparatus that I used to design and test the exotic matter detectors. These sensors will need to be redesigned and calibrated to detect the varieties of exotic matter. I need you to study the detectors and try to come up with some ideas.”

Penny looked from the jar to her father, marvelling at his genius. “How is it that you can come up with such innovations of concept, and make them a reality”?

Dylan smiled. “Imagination, once I learn the maths I need, I sit or walk in a quiet place and let my imagination loose in my head. Isn’t that what everyone does?”

Penny shook her head. “No, Not really, Dad, not like you do. That’s very rare.”

Dylan laughed, “Do you need a mirror, Penelope? That’s precisely what you do.”

About a month or so later, Dylan and Penny had replaced the old sensors with new ones and then evacuated the air out of the Jar.

Penny said, “I can barely contain my excitement, how do you manage to remain so calm?”

Dylan scoffed and pointed. “My excitement is in that draw; put yours in the one beside it.”

Penny took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “It’s done. Let’s get to work and test these things.”

Dylan nodded. “As the Great Yu of ancient China once said, Let her rip!"

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I would use bell jar here.