Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Do you think that the following sentences are correct? If you don't think so, please give the right one.

1) We will take education to be honest.

2) We have to have the quality to be frugal.

3) He didn't want to be agreed.

4) They didn't want to be isolated.

5) I take much time in writing the letter.

6) We have found the evidence in written documents.

7) I will come in contact with the students coming from abroad.

8) I will welcome you with the feelings emerged from my heart.

9) I want to talk with the students selected for scholarship.

10) I am going to differ with the steps taken for law and order situation.

Thanks in advance.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the forum, Azah.

Did you write these sentences? If so, why?

Did you read them somewhere? If so, where?

Azah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
I have found these sentences from a book written by a local writer. The name of this book is "The magic way to English language" by Golam Rabbani.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Thank you, but please tell us more. Does the writer ask you whether you think they're right or wrong? What aspect of English is being discussed in the chapter? Does he not go on to tell you the 'magic way' to find out?

Only 4, 6 and 9 are natural as stand-alone sentences. Each of the others needs a thread of its own, but we need to know more about your reason for asking before spending any more time on them.

Azah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
I am reading some books to learn different sentence patterns used in different expression. These boos are written by local writer. Unfortunately, it seems to me that the writers of these books have made a lot of grammatical mistakes in writingthose books. Though these books are full with thousands of mistake, still I am reading these books because explanation in this books are written in my native language, Bangla.To teach English language, writer of the book (The magic way toEnglish language) broke a sentence written in Bangla into many parts. Then he said the Englishexpression of broken parts. At last he made a full sentence with those broken part. I used this type of book to learn English. When I used the sentence patterns taught by this book, people from abroad asked me that from where I have learnt this English. Since I am poor, it is not possible for me to have a complete course for learning English. Then I faced to online resources to learn English for free. I learnt a lot from these, but it improved my reading skill only. And it was insufficient. Because with the knowledge learnt from different websites I can not express all of mythinking.Though these types of books are full with mistakes, they tried to teach how to express all kind of thinks/expression in English. Then I thought that if I copy some expressions (which seem important to me) from that book, and paste in a forum like UsingEnglish.com to have corrected, I will learn English properly. If I copy some sentences randomly from that kind of books, it will not go against the rules of copy right law, because I am not copying whole of the book. And interesting matter is that if a person make copy whole of this book, writer of this book will not claim any reparation. When I posted some sentences in this forum, may be member of this forum thought that I wanted them to have proof reading. But it is not true. I just want the right form of sentence patterns.I don't know how I will post these sentences to have corrected. If admin or any member of this forum instruct me the proper way to post these type of sentences, I will be really grateful to them. May be my last post works against the rules of this forum. Please, forgive me for this.Now I am waiting a proper guide from the member of UsingEnglish.com. Please, help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.