Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
You watch a lot of adverts on TV and on the internet. When we watch a movie or series adverts are broadcast in the middle of the movie or series. Every few minutes they broadcast adverts which is annoying. In Indian movies after a few scenes you can see a song. They put a song after every few scenes.

Please correct my sentences.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You watch a lot of adverts on TV and on the internet. Are you sure you mean "watch"? That means that you actually concentrate on them and take notice of them. I would use "see" to indicate that they're on but we don't necessarily take any notice of them. I would say "There are a lot of adverts on TV and the internet".

When [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] you watch a movie or series, adverts are broadcast in the middle. [STRIKE]of the movie or series.[/STRIKE
You started with "You" in the previous sentence so it doesn't make sense to switch to "we" here. There's no need to repeat "the movie or series". Saying "in the middle" means that the adverts appear exactly halfway through. Your next sentence contradicts that.

Every few minutes they broadcast adverts, which is annoying. See my comment above about how this is contradictory. They either broadcast adverts in the middle or every few minutes. It can't be both.

In Indian movies, after [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] ​every few scenes you can see a song. Generally, we hear a song.

They put in a song after every few scenes.

Please correct my sentences.

See above.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
See above.

Yes, we do hear the songs but if the video is on TV or on laptop (I think "on TV or laptop" is correct here) we do watch it, right?

So we can't say in the middle. What would you say if you had to?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'd avoid the problem of "hear/see a song" completely and say "... after every few scenes, there's a song".

You can say "in the middle" but only if you mean that there is one set of adverts and they are broadcast exactly halfway through the movie (or the episode).

Status
Not open for further replies.