Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I’ve been feeling depressed for a few years and sometimes I’m very unhappy. I think there’s nothing that can make me feel better. But each time when I saw my sentences were corrected to be natural and when I got replies from teachers here. I feel empowered again. I wrote a sentence:

Your replies have become the pillar that supports me to go further.

The intended meaning is: teachers’ and native speakers’ replies are of great help for me and it’s like a pillar that supports me to survive.

How can I express the idea like natives do?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I’ve been feeling depressed for a few years and sometimes I’m very unhappy. I think there’s nothing that can make me feel better no full stop here but each time when I saw see replies making my sentences were corrected to be natural, and when I got replies from teachers here. I feel empowered again. I wrote a the following sentence:

Your replies have become the pillars that supports support me my desire to go further on.

The intended meaning is: teachers’ and native speakers’ replies are of a great help for to me and it’s they're like a pillars that supports support me my will/desire to survive.
Sorry to hear about your mental health issues. They can affect all of us. I'm glad to hear that being part of this community helps in some part. Note my changes above.

(I really would recommend that you get some professional counselling. It can make a world of difference.)