British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please correct the below if it is wrong

"There are 9 images or icons on the home page , each represents our services."

Thanks in advance

That's only correct if each individual icon represents all of your services. I doubt that's true. I assume that one icon represents one service, another icon represents another service etc etc.

There are nine images/icons on the home page - each one represents a different service we offer.
There are nine images/icons on the home page - each one representing one of our services.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
english_learn, please read the Posting Guidelines.

Thread titles should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed.

'There are nine images or icons on the home page' would have been a good title for this.

Rover

english_learn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia
Many thnaks , It was so helpful

That's only correct if each individual icon represents all of your services. I doubt that's true. I assume that one icon represents one service, another icon represents another service etc etc.

There are nine images/icons on the home page - each one represents a different service we offer.
There are nine images/icons on the home page - each one representing one of our services.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Many [STRIKE]thnaks[/STRIKE] thanks, it was so helpful.

See my amendments to your post. Please follow the rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Do not use a capital letter after a comma unless you are using a proper noun.

english_learn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia
Again many thanks for your advice. The feedback you have provided me will definitely help me to correct myself. If everyone is like you, I would have corrected myself long time ago. Really appreciate your help. Please see my full contents below. I have followed your instructions. It would be greatly appreciated if you could give a quick check. And more advice/feedback on area where I want to more focus on. Many thanks again.

"The website site for CHALLENGE LIFE is developed, but there is no contents at this stage.
As you can see, there are 9 images/icons on the home page each one representing one of our services.
Clicking on this icons will take you to respective service pages. As I mentioned before, these pages need some contents, and I hope all of you got a print copy of the page which is relevant to you or accountable for providing contents.
So, when you ready with the contents please let me know, I can assist you in uploading to the webiste.
We can make our website as a first point of contact for our customers and they can come to us if they can’t find anything on the website. So, the more we put the contents on the website the less we need to interfere with them.
It would be good if we can make this happen ASAP.
"

See my amendments to your post. Please follow the rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Do not use a capital letter after a comma unless you are using a proper noun.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Again many thanks for your advice. The feedback you have provided me will definitely help me to correct myself. If everyone is like you, I would have corrected myself long time ago. Really appreciate your help. Please see my full contents below. I have followed your instructions. It would be greatly appreciated if you could give a quick check. And more advice/feedback on area where I want to more focus on. Many thanks again.

"The website site for CHALLENGE LIFE is developed, but there is no [STRIKE]contents[/STRIKE] content (or "are no contents) at this stage.
As you can see, there are [STRIKE]9[/STRIKE] nine images/icons on the home page, each one representing one of our services.
Clicking on [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] these icons will take you to the respective service pages. As I mentioned before, these pages need some [STRIKE]contents[/STRIKE] content, and I hope all of you got a print copy of the page which is relevant to you or [STRIKE]accountable[/STRIKE] for which you are responsible for providing [STRIKE]contents[/STRIKE] content.
So, when you are ready with the [STRIKE]contents[/STRIKE] content, please let me know and I can assist you in uploading it to the [STRIKE]webiste[/STRIKE] website.
We can make our website [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] a first point of contact for our customers and they can come to us if they can’t find [STRIKE]anything[/STRIKE] something on the website. So, the more [STRIKE]we put the[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]contents[/STRIKE] content we put on the website, the less we need to interfere (I don't think this is the verb you want) with them (who is "them"?).
It would be good if we can make this happen ASAP.
"

See above. Note that we generally refer to website "content" (not "contents").

english_learn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia
Many thanks again. Thanks is not enough for this help, but I don't know better word than this to say thanks. I wish if I had you as my teacher. Big road block for my career is English. Everyday I am trying my best to improve it. Without a proper guide it is very difficult. Poverty prevent me to study English when I was child, now too much responsibilities is preventing me. Again many thanks for your help.

The sentence I wanted to say was "So, the more content we put on the website, the less we need to talk with our Customers."

Pleas correct the above if it is wrong.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Many thanks again. Thanks is not enough for this help, but I don't know a better word than this to say thanks. I wish if I had you as my teacher.

A big [STRIKE]road[/STRIKE] block [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to my career is my English. [STRIKE]Everyday[/STRIKE] Every day I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] try[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] my best to improve it. Without [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] proper [STRIKE]guide[/STRIKE] guidance it is very difficult. Poverty prevented me [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] from studying English when I was a child, and now [STRIKE]too much[/STRIKE] all my responsibilities [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are preventing me. Again many thanks for your help.

The sentence I wanted to say was "So, the more content we put on the website, the less we need to talk with our customers."

Pleas correct the above if it is wrong.

You are welcome but please don't spend any more of your precious time saying thank you! Just concentrate on your English.

If you meant "talk with/to", then you needed the word "interact", not "interfere".

Last edited:

english_learn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Australia
Thanks, your the best tecaher I ever seen. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.