• Thread starter activemind
  • Start date
  • Views : 50,670
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

activemind

Hello,
what is different between "coworker" and "professional colleague"?

activemind said:
Hello,
what is different between "coworker" and "professional colleague"?

I wouldn't use co-worker for people in higher positions. I'd use it for lower level jobs, voluntary and temporary ones. IMO, you can use colleague for anybody.;-)

tdol said:
I wouldn't use co-worker for people in higher positions. I'd use it for lower level jobs, voluntary and temporary ones. IMO, you can use colleague for anybody.;-)
you mean colleague is public, but co-worker is just for low level jobs.

Last edited:
What do you mean by 'public'?
I gave three categories for co-worker, and they don't all have to be low level. However, in the boardroom of a multinational, the CEO is very unlikely to call the CFO his or her co-worker- that's what I meant.

tdol said:
What do you mean by 'public'?
I gave three categories for co-worker, and they don't all have to be low level. However, in the boardroom of a multinational, the CEO is very unlikely to call the CFO his or her co-worker- that's what I meant.
if me and you do a job together, can you call me co-worker?
thank you

I'd always use the term 'colleague' for anyone I worked with, whether they taught alongside me or cleaned the loos, but that's a personal view. However, among professionals, I think terms other than colleague would sound strange. ;-)

tdol said:
I'd always use the term 'colleague' for anyone I worked with, whether they taught alongside me or cleaned the loos, but that's a personal view. However, among professionals, I think terms other than colleague would sound strange. ;-)
thank you very much for your useful help ;-)

You're welcome :fadein:

coworker means an ordinary person with a lower job.while professional colleague is of ahigher job. :-D :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back