a very short paragraph wants to check :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lo3ti

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
UK
hey,

can any teacher correct my mistakes in this paragraph :

On day, while I was cutting onions to put it into my sausage sandwich, suddenly I cut my finger by a sharp knife. My finger started bleeding a lot of blood, quickly I wear my clothes and went to the nearest hospital from my house, I arrived to the hospital at 8:10 pm it was crowded and there were a lot of people which have a dangerous injuries, so I had to wait and tie my wound to stopped the bleed. After half an hour exactly at 8:40 pm I met the doctor, he asked me about if I want to stitch my finger or not, so I told him that my wound doesn’t require stitches so I don’t want stitch after that he put over my finger a paste its very useful couse after 2 weeks my wound got well ..

thnx to anybody wants help me :)

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
What do you mean by "on day"?

allenman

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
hey,

can any teacher correct my mistakes in this paragraph :

On day, while I was cutting onions to put it into my sausage sandwich, I suddenly cut my finger with a sharp knife. My finger started bleeding a lot. I put on my clothes quickly and went to the nearest hospital to my house, I arrived at the hospital at 8:10 pm -- it was crowded and there were a lot of people who had dangerous injuries so I had to wait and tie off my wound to stop the bleeding. After half an hour at exactly 8:40 pm I met the doctor. He asked me if I wanted to stitch up my finger or not, so I told him that my wound would not require stitches so I didn't want stitches. After that he put a Band-Aid on my finger and after 2 weeks my wound healed ..

thnx to anybody wants help me :)
Ok, lots of little things... Some corrections are subjective. I am native and would say it slightly differently. Also, I speak US English so it might sound different in Canada or England.
Oh, and I am not a teacher but a native speaker

lo3ti

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
UK
Ok, lots of little things... Some corrections are subjective. I am native and would say it slightly differently. Also, I speak US English so it might sound different in Canada or England.
Oh, and I am not a teacher but a native speaker

thanx alot native speaker :cool:

i appreciate that bro .. :)

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
lo3ti, you are apparently capable of using correct capitalization and punctuation. Why don't you use them when you're typing your posts? It looks a little disrespectful, as if the readers of your posts weren't as important as the destined readers of your paragraph.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
One day, while I was cutting onions to put [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] into my sausage sandwich, I suddenly cut my finger with a sharp knife. It started bleeding a lot[STRIKE] of blood[/STRIKE], so I quickly got dressed (had you been naked before?) and went to the nearest hospital to my house. I arrived at the hospital at 8:10 pm. It was crowded and there were a lot of people with serious injuries, so I had to wait and put pressure on my wound to stop[STRIKE]ped[/STRIKE] the bleed. After half an hour exactly at 8:40 pm I met the doctor, who asked me [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] if I wanted to have my finger stitched or not, so I told him that my wound didn't require stitches so [STRIKE]I don’t want stitch after that[/STRIKE] he put a bandage on it. It was very effective, because after two weeks my wound healed up.

Rover

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Does the doctor really ask your advise about whether you need stitches or not? I thought he was the professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.