Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I think I put lots of commas and period dots in wrong places. please proofread this story
15) The pigeon and the ant​
An ant fell in a water pool. After that a pigeon passed at it and felt a pity for it. It extended a wood for it, and then the ant went it up and got away for the death. In the next day, the pigeon was standing on a tree. A hunter having a gun approached it. The ant hurried and entered into his clothes. When he aimed his gun to the pigeon to shot it, the ant stung him then it shook from his hand and lost shooting the pigeon. So the ant saved from death. So who do a good would get his reward.

Nightmare85

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
***Neither a teacher nor a native speaker.***

An ant fell in a water pool. After that a pigeon passed [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] it and felt a bit sorry for it. It extended a wood for it and then the ant went it up and got away from death. In the next day(,) the pigeon was standing on a tree. A hunter having a gun approached to it. The ant hurried and entered into his/its clothes. When he aimed his gun at the pigeon to shoot it, the ant stung him and shook his hand with the result [that he lost the aim] or [to interrupt his aim]. So the ant was saved from death (too). So who does a good (thing) (will) gets his/their reward.

Last sentences:
If you use will, don't add the s.
If you don't use the will, add the s in order to make it Simple Present.
I think it would be good to add the too, because one life was already saved.
All the rest things () are just options (in my opinion).
You can use their in the last sentence in order to refer to male+female!
(Everybody has their problems.)
The red sentence needs a serious check as I have no further idea now.
(I'm going to sleep now.)

I hope some experts will check your post and my suggestions.

By the way, I always enjoy reading your short stories :up:

Cheers!

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Thank you Nightmare. You really did a great job for me.
Can anyone check this sentence, please.

When he aimed his gun at the pigeon to shoot it, the ant stung him and shook his hand with the result [that he lost the aim] or [to interrupt his aim].

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland

An ant fell in a pool of water, a pigeon passed by and felt pity for it. The pigeon extended a piece of wood for the ant, it went up the wood and escaped death. The next day the pigeon was standing on a tree. A hunter with a gun approached it. The ant hurried and entered into his clothes. When he aimed his gun at the pigeon to shoot it, the ant stung him, then his hand shook and he missed the pigeon, the ant had saved the pigeon from death. So who does good will get his reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.