What does "Beta Prod C’est à Voir present " mean?Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

on the way

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I came acroos this expression when I was watching a documentary.The expression appears as part of the caption at the beginning of the film.The context may be seen with the following expressions which are part of the caption.
Michel Noll Presents
Revolution
Beta Prod C’est à Voir present
Seven Months Of Chaos
Two Presidents for a Single Chair in Madagascar
A film by Gaël Mocaër
So what does "Beta Prod C’est à Voir present "mean here ? Could anyone please translate it into English for me ? Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

SanMar

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I came acroos this expression when I was watching a documentary.The expression appears as part of the caption at the beginning of the film.The context may be seen with the following expressions which are part of the caption.
Michel Noll Presents
Revolution
Beta Prod C’est à Voir present
Seven Months Of Chaos
Two Presidents for a Single Chair in Madagascar
A film by Gaël Mocaër
So what does "Beta Prod C’est à Voir present "mean here ? Could anyone please translate it into English for me ? Any help is much appreciated.

Beta Prod (short for production) sorry in French but you can try google translate or any other one
Beta production - Wikipédia

C'est (it's) a (to) Voir (see) but that's just a word by word translation click on the link below for meaning and use.
http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=762945

Not a teacher or much of a French speaker actually.:roll: But I'm pretty sure the above is correct.;-)

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'd guess that C'est à Voir was just the name of the production company; it 'means' 'that is to be seen', but is used commonly to mean 'we shall see'/'that's in the lap of the gods'/'the jury's still out'/'time will tell'/....

So, when used as the name of a production company (the idea's growing on me ;-)) it's a pun, implying 'We produce films that you have to see'.

b

PS So you could analyse the subject line like this:

Beta Prod[uction] - title

C'est à Voir - production company

Present - verb (not the homonymous adjective)

Last edited:

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'd guess that C'est à Voir was just the name of the production company; it 'means' 'that is to be seen', but is used commonly to mean 'we shall see'/'that's in the lap of the gods'/'the jury's still out'/'time will tell'/....

So, when used as the name of a production company (the idea's growing on me ;-)) it's a pun, implying 'We produce films that you have to see'.

b

PS Yup: C'est à Voir Production [fr]

b

Status
Not open for further replies.