Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I [STRIKE]quite[/STRIKE] very much appreciate the time and efforts you have taken for [STRIKE]preparing [/STRIKE]training me, and [STRIKE]trying to [/STRIKE][STRIKE]let [/STRIKE]helping me adapt to ****asap.

The quote is a snippet of my email. A forum teacher here revised my wording of 'quite appreciate' as very much appreciate.

I think quite appreciate is grammatically correct, but native speakers don't say it. Am I right? Can I say " I highly appreciate ... ..."? I was used to say "highly appreicate".

Thank you!

The quote is a snippet of my email. A forum teacher here revised my wording of 'quite appreciate' as very much appreciate.

I think quite appreciate is grammatically correct, but native speakers don't say it. Am I right? Can I say " I highly appreciate ... ..."? I was used to say "highly appreicate".

Thank you!

Use of "quite" in that context is not unusual nor are "very much", "greatly", "sincerely" etc., etc.

I think I'd be more likely to say "I somewhat appreciate" rather than "quite". I wouldn't equate "quite" with "very much". However, with your email, if you're thanking someone a lot for their help, then "very much" would be appropriate.

I think I'd be more likely to say "I somewhat appreciate" rather than "quite". I wouldn't equate "quite" with "very much". However, with your email, if you're thanking someone a lot for their help, then "very much" would be appropriate.
I felt that, when addressing the person who devoted time and effort on your behalf, 'quite' and 'somewhat' appear rather half-hearted. That's why I suggested tha t'very much' was more appropriate than 'quite'. I did not intend to suggest that they meant the same.

I quite very much appreciate the time and efforts you have taken for preparing training me, and trying to let helping me adapt to ****asap.

:-o Is it correct to repeat a pronoun(me)? Please, give a short answer ....

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Thank you for your helpful reply, everyone.

Fivejedjon, I hesitated whether or not I should ask those questions in the same thread of my writing you corrected because I didn't know if you had time to answer them. I very much appreciate your help indeed time and again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back