Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Hi,

I am trying to learn the but still not very confident. Please let me know if I have used "the" properly in following paragraph

I was worried because there were just 3 people in one of my Sunday's class. Now the count has increased as there were 7 people in the last class so it seems people were on vacation that time… but still I wanted to raise it so that we can adjust if needed. I would definitely like to observe Maua's class.

Thanks in advance.

Your use of 'the' is fine. But it's not clear to me what the first sentences means - particularly 'my Sunday's class'. Some context might justify it, but.... Do you mean 'the class I observed on Sunday'?

b

Thanks, its my class which I teach. I also want to know why "the" is required before count? "Count" is a uncountable noun. Thanks, Gauri

Thanks, it's my class which I teach. I also want to know why "the" is required before "count"? "Count" is a uncountable noun. Thanks, Gauri

As a teacher, it is very important that your English in this forum is as close to perfect as possible. Other learners will read your posts and assume they are correct because you are a teacher.

Which dictionary told you that "count" is only an uncountable noun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back