Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Dear Sir
Please edit the following letter

JAYPEE VIDYA MANDIR, TOMRI has been serving the society for last 5 years. Inspite of locating in such a remote area, the school is has been offering a lot of modern facilities which are demanded in the modern world. The students are focussed to develop the life skills to become a responsible citizen for tomorrow as today's education is based on all-round development of a child.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Dear Sir[/STRIKE] Hello.
Please edit the following letter.

JAYPEE VIDYA MANDIR, TOMRI has been serving the society for the last 5 years. [STRIKE]Inspite[/STRIKE] Despite [STRIKE]of locating[/STRIKE]being located in [STRIKE]such[/STRIKE] a remote area, the school [STRIKE]is has been offering[/STRIKE] offers a lot of modern facilities which are demanded in the modern world. The students are [STRIKE]focussed[/STRIKE] focused [STRIKE]to develop[/STRIKE]on developing the life skills necessary to become a responsible citizen for tomorrow, as today's education is based on the all-round development of a child.

Note my corrections above. I don't know if the first four words are someone's name or the name of a school. Is it the "Jaypee Vidya Mandir" school in "Tomri"?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would delete "the" from "the society".

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the forum, Joe.

Please note my comment above. ESL students always presume that native speakers use correct grammar at all times.

Please read the following extract from the Forum Guidelines:

You are welcome to answer questions posted in the Ask a Teacher and Editing & Writing Topics forums as long as your suggestions, help, and advice reflect a good understanding of the English language. If you are not a teacher, you will need to state that clearly in your post. Please note, all posts are moderated by our in-house language experts, so make sure your suggestions, help, and advice provide the kind of information an international language teacher would offer. If not, and your posts do not contribute to the topic in a positive way, they will be subject to deletion.

Status
Not open for further replies.