Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I'm applying for an internship to study a master's in a U.S. university to specialize in graphics programming and simulation.

I'm from Spain, and they rate the SoP from 1 to 8. If I don't get 8 points I get disqualified because of the competitivity and low total number of granted internships.

I will share this statement with my professors too but I would really appreciate some help online. What do you think about my writing skills? Please have a look and tell me if it is boring, or if you honestly like it. The maximum length is 3 pages, so If you find any useless and generic area I will delete it. All criticism is welcomed.

I've already been told that my Universities section is weak, that I need to say something special about each one. What do you think about that?

Btw, the link in the document is not available yet.
Thanks in advance.

You can post short excerpts from your statement of purpose in this section and we can look at them. Don't post more than one paragraph at a time and wait for responses before posting the next excerpt.

I would like to start with your opinion about the first paragraph:
Although I hadn't the technical knowledge to make a professional video game, I certainly had​
enough creativity and enthusiasm, as I often made wizardry with the Office suite installed in​
my father's old Windows 95. I managed to create kind of a 2D role play game by coloring cells​
in an excel document and moving across the map with the keyboard arrows. I even​
represented characters and dialogues with the comment annotation Excel functionality, which​
popped up some text when placing the mouse over the character’s cell.​

Would you have a look at ... for the introduction part I [STRIKE]'ve shown[/STRIKE] included in the previous post? Which one do you prefer?.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post external links to your text. Just write the text in the actual post.

Although I hadn't the technical knowledge to make a professional video game, I certainly had enough [STRIKE]creativity[/STRIKE] imagination and enthusiasm [STRIKE], as I often made wizardry[/STRIKE] to be creative with the Office suite installed in my father's old Windows 95 computer. I managed to create a kind of a 2D role-playing game by coloring cells in an Excel [STRIKE]document[/STRIKE] spreadsheet and moving across the map with the keyboard arrows. I even represented characters and dialogues with the comment annotation facility in Excel, [STRIKE]functionality,[/STRIKE] which popped up some text when the mouse was placed [STRIKE]ing the mouse[/STRIKE] over the character's cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back