Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me make the conversation below sound natural as some kind of interview for a TV show or newspaper.

T: How would you describe your country?

D: Denmark is a small, homogenous nation of about 5.6 million people. Foreigners living in Denmark describe it as a safe and peaceful country for their children to grow up in. Many emphasize the high quality of life and the opportunities targeted towards students. Many also appreciate the unpolluted natural environment they find in Denmark.

T: To enhance mutual understanding and build stronger ties of friendship, Taiwanese people have spared no efforts in learning from your country’s advanced science and cultural achievements. There are a lot of things we still have to learn from your country, such as traffic planning, city aesthetics, energy conservation and environmental protection.

D: Taiwan is very different from Denmark in terms of cuisine, culture, customs, etc. That’s why we should exchange ideas and learn from each other.

T: Although I’ve never been to your country before, I know it’s a lovely place with a pleasant climate. If I get the chance to visit your country one day, I look forward to your warm reception.

D: To my surprise, you know a lot about our country. You are really something. You are welcome to visit our country. Scenic rolling landscape and vibrant city life await you. The countryside with its rolling hills, lakes, and jagged coastline are worth extending your stay just a little longer.

T: It was nice to meet you. Thank you for the interesting chat.

D: Here are our business cards. Please take them so that you can contact us when you travel to Denmark. I have to go now. I’m leaving for the airport to take the plane back home.

T: I hope you have a pleasant journey.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

T: How would you describe your country?

D: Denmark is a small, homogenous nation of about 5.6 million people. Foreigners living in Denmark describe it as a safe and peaceful country for their children to grow up in. Many emphasize the high quality of life and the great opportunities available for young people. [STRIKE]targeted towards students.[/STRIKE] Many also appreciate the [STRIKE]unpolluted[/STRIKE] clean and unspoiled natural environment they find in Denmark.

T: To enhance mutual understanding and build stronger ties of friendship, Taiwanese people have spared no efforts in learning from your country’s advanced science and cultural achievements. There are a lot of things we still have to learn from your country, such as traffic planning, city aesthetics, energy conservation and environmental protection.

D: Taiwan is very different from Denmark in terms of cuisine, culture, customs, etc. That’s why we should exchange ideas and learn from each other.

T: Although I’ve never been to your country before, I know it’s a lovely place with a pleasant climate. [STRIKE]If I get the chance[/STRIKE] I would love to visit your country one day. [STRIKE], I look forward to your warm reception.[/STRIKE]

D: [STRIKE]To my surprise,[/STRIKE] I'm amazed you know [STRIKE]a lot[/STRIKE] so much about Denmark. [STRIKE]our country. You are really something.[/STRIKE] You are welcome to visit our country. Scenic rolling landscape and vibrant city life await you. I think you'll particularly like the countryside with its rolling hills, lakes, and jagged coastline. [STRIKE]are worth extending your stay just a little longer.[/STRIKE]

T: It was nice to meet you. Thank you for the interesting chat.

-----------------------------------------------

D: Here are our business cards. Please take them so that you can contact us when you travel to Denmark. I have to go now. I’m leaving for the airport to take the plane back home.

T: I hope you have a pleasant journey.
That's not typically said in a TV/newspaper interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.