• Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Portugal
      • Current Location:
      • Portugal

Sentence Typing Mistakes/Grammar

Hello,
    My name is Joana and I'm Portuguese.

Basically, I'm seeking for a new job...and I need to write a cover letter in English (and this is really hard to write even in my native language). I'm new here and I hope someone may be able to offer me some advice.
    The sentence is:

"During the past two years, I successfully maintain the equipment management in compliance with the regulatory requirements with very rare observations/non-conformities reported in almost weekly audits and inspections. Now I want to go one step further. What motivates me is the perspective of applying and share what I have learned so far and mainly the possibility to try new things and learn from the others."

Could anyone with some extra time, take a look at this sentence. Just to make sure that I would not send this incorrectly.

Thanks in advance.

Joana

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Sentence Typing Mistakes/Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by joana_sampaio View Post
    Hello, my name is Joana and I'm Portuguese.

Basically, I'm seeking looking for a new job (no ellipsis required here) and I need to write a cover letter in English (and this is really hard to write even in my native language). I'm new here and I hope someone may be able to offer me some advice.
    The sentence is:

"During the past two years, I have successfully maintained the equipment management (I don't know what the underlined part means) in compliance with the regulatory requirements current regulations. Non-conformities were rarely reported in the almost weekly audits and inspections. Now I want to go one step further. What motivates me is the perspective prospect of applying and share sharing what I have learned so far, and mainly the possibility to of trying new things and learning from the others."

Could anyone with some extra time, take a look at this sentence, just to make sure that I would not don't send this incorrectly. a letter with grammatical errors?

Thanks in advance.

Joana
    Welcome to the forum.

See my suggested changes and queries above. Saying "trying new things" is a bit vague. You might want to come up with something more specific.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.