Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Portugal
Current Location
Portugal
[FONT=&quot]Hello,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My name is Joana and I'm Portuguese.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Basically, I'm seeking for a new job...and I need to write a cover letter in English (and this is really hard to write even in my native language). I'm new here and I hope someone may be able to offer me some advice.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The sentence is:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"During the past two years, I successfully maintain the equipment management in compliance with the regulatory requirements with very rare observations/non-conformities reported in almost weekly audits and inspections. Now I want to go one step further. What motivates me is the perspective of applying and share what I have learned so far and mainly the possibility to try new things and learn from the others."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Could anyone with some extra time, take a look at this sentence. Just to make sure that I would not send this incorrectly.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks in advance.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Joana[/FONT]

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello, my name is Joana and I'm Portuguese.

Basically, I'm [STRIKE]seeking[/STRIKE] looking for a new job (no ellipsis required here) and I need to write a cover letter in English ([STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] this is really hard to write even in my native language). I'm new here and I hope someone may be able to offer me some advice.
The sentence is:

"During the past two years, I have successfully maintained the equipment management (I don't know what the underlined part means) in compliance with the [STRIKE]regulatory requirements[/STRIKE] current regulations. [STRIKE] [/STRIKE] Non-conformities were rarely reported in the almost weekly audits and inspections. Now I want to go one step further. What motivates me is the [STRIKE]perspective[/STRIKE] prospect of applying and [STRIKE]share[/STRIKE] sharing what I have learned so far, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]mainly[/STRIKE] the possibility [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] of trying new things and learning from [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] others."

Could anyone with some extra time, take a look at this sentence, just to make sure that I [STRIKE]would not[/STRIKE] don't send [STRIKE]this incorrectly.[/STRIKE] a letter with grammatical errors?

Thanks in advance.

Joana

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

See my suggested changes and queries above. Saying "trying new things" is a bit vague. You might want to come up with something more specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.